The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 03-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #1
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Bertolli's Dinner for Two

I saw an ad for these things on TV, and decided to try one. I'm actually really fond of advertising when it lets me know about a product I'd never heard of before.

Basically, they're frozen, fully prepared pasta-meat-vegetable dishes. But unlike your typical frozen meal which comes in a little microwavable tray, these are loose in a bag. You dump it in a skillet, cover and heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.

We tried the Shrimp/bell pepper/garlic linguine flavor. It was great! One bag costs about $6 (and it really does serve two, not in the typical "serving-size" sense but in the actual my-husband-and-I-were-both-full sense), but in eating it there was no hint that this was a previously-frozen meal.

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #2
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I keep a few of these (similar) items in my freezer for emergency meals. They are good and filling and can be increased to allow for extra mouths or experimented upon without too much extra prep or cleanup. They beat Hamburger Helper (which I stock in large quantities for my single life) and Betty Crocker boxed meals which are a little better but still not real food.

Brian
Old 03-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The Betty Crocker boxed meals and the oh-so-similar Homestyle Bakes are ok, but they both taste exceedingly salty to me. They definitely do in a pinch, though.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote