The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
SamIam

A convicted VIOLENT sex offender is moving in up the street!

Never a dull moment here in Cortez. We may be small, but we like our excitement just like everyone else does.

Last Saturday I read in the local paper about the coming arrival of a convicted violent sex offender who has decided to grace our town with his presence. He will be just 3 blocks from me and, worst of all, practically next door to an 83 year old friend of mine named Auroura.

I understand that these people have to live somewhere, but a VIOLENT ex-con in my quiet little neighborhood? Why not send him to LA or NYC or some place like that? I'm sure he'd have no problem fitting in in the bad part of some large urban area. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for him and don't want him near me.

I worry most of all about Aurora. She's quite frail and her hearing is poor - plus, she lives alone. She doesn't read the paper, so she may not even know that this scarey person is going to be her new next door neighbor.

I don't know if I should tell her about this or not. There's not much she can do - she already keeps her doors and windows locked, but anyone who really wanted to get into her house would not have a difficult time. I don't want to worry her over something she can do nothing about.

I've thought of informing her son who lives in this area, but he doesn't seem to care much for his Mother. He seldom visits and gets irritated if she asks him to do the smallest thing.

I am in a quandary over this.

There is going to be a town hall meeting about Mr. Predator on Dec 6th. I will definately be in attendence. I hate to think that I am now going to have to revert to a big city mentality - carry mace, keep all windows locked and be scared if I walk alone at night.

If enough people object, I wonder if they'll move him somewhere else instead?

I wonder how much mace costs these days?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote