The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-31-2004, 04:19 PM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Memorial Day

Thanks to those who have served, those who gave their lives in service, and to their families.

If only I'd known in advance that it would be pissing down rain I would have worked and gotten time and a half.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:28 PM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

Drove through Waterloo, NY today, "The Birthplace of Memorial Day circa 1866".... they say.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:32 PM   #3
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Thank you

Thank you for volunteering to defend our Constitution, even when some choose to ignore it or change it for their own petty reasons.

Thank you for trusting your fortune and your life to the whims of a President and Congress who may never have served themselves and who, despite their public praises, may never truly understand the moral, mental, and physical danger into which they have sent you.

Thank you for putting on a brave face when you are almost frozen with fear and for following the most absurd orders without public complaint.

Thank you, if you pay the ultimate price, for blindly trusting us, your nation, to provide for those you left behind.

Thank you for reminding us that despite our many faults and disagreements, the core of us, our Constitution and rule of law, is worth defending.

fortes fortuna adiuvat
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:19 PM   #4
farfromhome
Management Consultant

[quote]
Drove through Waterloo, NY today, "The Birthplace of Memorial Day circa 1866".... they say.

Hey! My old stomping grounds. Make sure you don't speed right where the marker is. They take radar like crazy there.And I echo wolfs sentiments.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:30 PM   #5
daniwong
Vice-President of Resentment

Quote:
Originally posted by richlevy
Thank you

Thank you for volunteering to defend our Constitution, even when some choose to ignore it or change it for their own petty reasons.

Thank you for trusting your fortune and your life to the whims of a President and Congress who may never have served themselves and who, despite their public praises, may never truly understand the moral, mental, and physical danger into which they have sent you.

Thank you for putting on a brave face when you are almost frozen with fear and for following the most absurd orders without public complaint.

Thank you, if you pay the ultimate price, for blindly trusting us, your nation, to provide for those you left behind.

Thank you for reminding us that despite our many faults and disagreements, the core of us, our Constitution and rule of law, is worth defending.

fortes fortuna adiuvat
Rich - excellent post. Please just remember to support our men and women in the armed forces - because most of them (that I have spoken with) don't support the reasons why they are there. As one of the guardsmen have so aptly quoted "one weekend a month my ass!" (This was after 16 months in Iraq.)
Old 05-31-2004, 09:31 PM   #6
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Holy shit...where you been?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:24 PM   #7
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

WELL SAID MR.LEVY , WELL SAID !!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 05:24 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten