The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 01-11-2002, 12:03 AM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Bring 'em back!!!

Have you ever thought about all those bands that are no longer together? Have you ever thought about which ones you would like to see back together?

My list as of now:

--Talking Heads: Will probably never happen. Apparently, David Byrne is not very fond of his former bandmates. I remember the word "lawsuit" being thrown around when The Heads formed.

--Pink Floyd with Roger Waters: Waters lost a lawsuit a few years back in which he tried to claim the name. I don't mind Floyd without him, but I think they'd be even better with him.

--The Police: Sting has pretty much closed the door on this one, but still...

--Alice In Chains: Not officially broken up from what I understand, but no new CD in 6 years. Why Columbia put out a Greatest Hits record this year is beyond me, given that they released Best of the Box 2 years ago, which is quite similar. Last I heard, Layne Staley was in heroin hell.

I'll think of some more later...

Last edited by elSicomoro; 01-11-2002 at 12:06 AM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
matt
At last! A dead star!

The Smiths: Morrissey doesn't have a record deal and Johnny Marr is still busy playing on everybody else's albums instead of cementing himself as the premier guitar hero of the 80's generation. What's taking so long?! I know they don't really like each other, but is it really that hard to tolerate each other on stage for a few hours for an enormous payday?
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 10:48 AM   #3
dave

--The Doors: Don't think this is going to happen though.

--Faith No More: I'd kill to see them live. Seriously. Missed them 3 times, all because my Dad wouldn't take me. Go figure. He said "I'll talk you next time they come around, I promise." 6 months later, they broke up.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:35 PM   #4
Ardax
Irrelevant Adulterant

Heh, you missed great shows dham. I got to see FNM in '95. Very fuckin' cool.

"Man, this is one of the best places to do a show!"
'Why?'
"'Cause I can see a Hooters from here!"
'Where?'
"Over there. <points>"

Not to mention a great set. Although the experience was fairly grueling at the rail, especially when Helmet came on. Then my friends and I decided that seeing the next day was better than being front and center for Helmet.

I'd really like to see some new albums from Matthew Sweet and Toad the Wet Sprocket too.
Ardax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 04:32 PM   #5
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

mm: Great choice! I happened to think about them early this morning. They put out a nice body of work.

Also...

Soundgarden: I think this one is a good possibility. What a great band.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:05 AM   #6
juju
no one of consequence

I think Pink Floyd is just fine without Roger Waters. I actually really like post-Waters Floyd just as much.

One of my favorite bands is Rush. They're <i>still</i> together. Been together since about 1976 or so. They're releasing another album in a couple of months. Geez..they must have about 30 albums out already. Anyway, I really dig music where I can get something from the lyrics.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:15 AM   #7
Nic Name
retired

Keep postin' ... dreams do come true!

Steely Dan came back after 20 years ... and their wesite is all about community! Rock on, Donald Fagen.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote