The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Placement Pranks

Placement pranks are my favorite. They're subtle, require tact, and often last a lifetime if done correctly. You've done a good job if management actually takes care of your prank and moves it around/cleans it as if it belonged. It shouldn't draw immediate attention, but should cause a giggle to people that pay careful attention to their surroundings.

Picture frame + double-sided tape + those wacky restaurants with lots of crap on the walls = easy target. Who knew they had carbon fiber kayak paddles in 1907? (The printed name follows the old method of "middle name + street you grew up on".) It was a much more "family" addition to the walls than the suggestion of hanging a pair of truck nuts from the Radio Flyer wagon they have suspended up there. Thankfully, the pranks never escalated to the level of increasing vulgarity to see what management would notice. That would ruin it, I think, and there are plenty of blank spaces that are just inviting more "historic" images of early explorers.

If anyone else does this, I'd love to see what you manage to get on the walls of your local establishment. I'm trying to keep tabs on how long this one sticks around since I'm a frequent customer. Everyone should be so famous as to have their picture proudly displayed!

More to come, including non-blurry shots of this one.
Attached Images

Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
glatt

How about a menu page addition?

The special Atkinz menu page at TGI Fridays.

I had the chance to participate in this prank, but never eat at Fridays, so I passed.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

That's awesome. How about "Dress like a Best Buy employee" day?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

NO SALESPERSON MAY LEAVE THE FLOOR OR GO TO THE DOOR WITHOUT THE AUTHORIZATION OF A SUPERIOR.
THE MGT.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #5
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas
It doesn't matter how I'm dressed or where I'm shopping, people start asking me questions. My brother says it's because I have a face that looks like it should be waiting on people.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Now that's comedy!
Old 05-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas
Quote:
Security guards and managers started talking to each other frantically on their walkie-talkies and headsets. "Thomas Crown Affair! Thomas Crown Affair!," one employee shouted. They were worried that were using our fake uniforms to stage some type of elaborate heist. "I want every available employee out on the floor RIGHT NOW!"
I will definitely have to remember that!
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:09 AM   #8
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

O.M.G. That is totally the best ever. I didn't have a chance to watch the videos yet, but the individual stories rocked. I worked at Staples for a few months many many moons ago, and if something like this would have happened, I would have died laughing. The manager at that store probably would have had an aneurism.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #9
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512
It doesn't matter how I'm dressed or where I'm shopping, people start asking me questions.
This happens to me too. In Grocery Stores, Dollar Stores, Furnishing Stores, Restaurants, Zoos, Museums...any-bloody-where! I have purple spikey hair and usualy at least one small child in tow, and I'm always dressed in black. WHAT ON EARTH MAKES THEN THINK I WORK THERE?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #10
monster
I hear them call the tide

Such a cool prank, btw.....