FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Sycamore Manifestos Random Acts of Senseless Coherence [Blog view]

Old 01-09-2002, 05:28 PM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Random Sputterings: 1/9/2002

This one is short...surprisingly.

Appointment #1

Syc: "Do you really need to call my last employer? I would prefer you not." *gives staffing rep a resume with good references*

Staffing rep: "Nah, we won't have to do that."

Appointment #2:

Syc: "Do you really need my last employer on this form?"

Staffing rep: "Well, we generally ask for that, but just put the employer before that."

Syc: *puts CVS down, then thinks about it later* "Fuck! Why couldn't I just have them send that to Angi (a friend of mine who was my boss at CVS) or April (another friend of mine who was my boss in St. Louis)? Shit...why didn't I ask them instead of just putting CVS down? But they want a previous EMPLOYER...ah, fuck it...the jobs they have only pay $10 an hour anyway."

Road Tripping: Friday baby! Driving down to Maryland and Washington to get my plates renewed and to hang out with dham. Although Pad Gai is tempting dham, we simply have to go to Mongolian BBQ. And if Jenni can go, they do vegetarian as well. Mmmm...oh man...I'm already drooling.

So, I got some letter in the mail. Because I am a valued customer with Enterprise (I rented with them once...whoopee!), get a good deal on a rental car. Well, lessee...$30 for gas for putt-putt, 600-700 more miles on it...I still need to have the exhaust checked out...no radio in it. The offer is only good for local rentals...but $40 for a rental car for one day...ummm, yeah, let's go with that.

I need to think of some good CDs to bring with me on the road trip. I reckon the car will at least have a cassette player in it, which means I can hook the Discman up. 90% of the trip, I'll just talk to myself along I-95 anyway.

Quick Quips

Still thinking about that Xmas tree...

Maybe I should pay these 2 bills that are due next week. Shit...all I have to do is hop online, and voila! No more licking shitty-tasting envelopes, using stamps, etc.

Nice Section: Most car repairmen I've met are assholes. From St. Louis to Washington...flat out fucking assholes that like to overcharge. I know this is only a few of them...I just happen to stumble upon them.

So anyway, I've had my car into Aamco twice in the past 15 months...and they've been nothing but good guys. To the point, no extra b.s. Now I like that. And the price has been reasonable.

Tuesday, I took my car to the local Exxon station, which amazingly, still has a garage and does repairs. The guy was hyper as hell...like he couldn't wait to replace 4 spark plugs and wires. They did a nice job though...and didn't overcharge.
Old 01-10-2002, 10:45 AM   #2
russotto
Professor

I think next time I fill out a job application, I'm going to put a note in instead of references

"Sorry, applicant has a scorched-earth policy, and none of his previous employers still exist."

True, though not likely to get me hired.

IBM Federal Systems -> swallowed by Lockheed-Martin.

Picker Medical -> office closed, whole company eaten by Phillips

Answerthink -> Company still exists, but office closed and everyone who knew me left or laid off.