The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 04-26-2005, 06:35 PM   #1
staceyv
Lecturer

KFC

watch this video. Tell me, does it make you want to boycott the place??
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
watch this video. Tell me, does it make you want to boycott the place??
Not really, but I don't eat that greasy nasty food anyway. The video actually kinda seemed a little over the top, almost like a Saturday Night Live spoof.

There have been similar threads in the past about other meat processing facilities. I think generally, the management disapproves of damaging the product in this way. They would frown on workers who stomp chickens into the shit for fun because then you can't sell the chicken. It's all about money to the management. Workers in a chicken plant are not typically the cream of the crop. They shouldn't be abusive to chickens, but the problem is probably not widespread enough to be obvious to management. If there were piles of stomped chickens lying around, management would put a stop to it in a hurry.

Also, this is propaganda, not an unbiased report. I take the footage with a huge grain of salt. I don't trust PETA, to be honest. I think it's fair to assume they selected the most damning footage, and the stomping may even have been staged or encouraged by the videotaper. The videotaper is by definition a con artist for entering the plant under false pretenses. He/she probably also was acting as if stomping on chickens was funny or something so the others would continue to do it. Who knows? I had a friend who was a private investigator for a while. He went undercover a few times and befriended people and conned them into doing stuff that they might not have done in front of someone otherwise. Then he would "bust" them. People can be encouraged to do things.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
SmurfAbuser
Simulated Simulacrum

OK, I've been lurking for awhile. I figured now is as good a time as any to butt in, so here goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
The videotaper is by definition a con artist for entering the plant under false pretenses. He/she probably also was acting as if stomping on chickens was funny or something so the others would continue to do it. Who knows? I had a friend who was a private investigator for a while. He went undercover a few times and befriended people and conned them into doing stuff that they might not have done in front of someone otherwise. Then he would "bust" them. People can be encouraged to do things.
Not to give you a hard time or anything, but aren't we responsible for our own actions? No matter what the guy videotaping was doing, that doesn't give those guys the right to stomp on chickens because it's fun. If someone "eggs you on" (pardon the pun! haha) to rob a bank, should they be held responsible? Of course not. I haven't watched the video and don't want to, but I have a hard time defending anyone who abuses an animal for fun, no matter what the circumstance.

OK, that's my 2 cents...back to lurking!
SmurfAbuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #4
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I havent seen the video and I won't watch it . FUCK PETA !!!!!!!

You want to get grossed out , got to almost ANY food plant , lift the cover on a controll panel , or lift a floor scale , see just how MANY critters go scurring .
FACT !!!!!!
Why do you think there is an alowable amount of rat rurds and forein matter in food ???
FACT !!!!!

You DON'T want to know what they do with the wattles , feet , and other bits and pieses of these chickens , but just let me say NOTHING is wasted !!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #5
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt
I havent seen the video and I won't watch it . FUCK PETA !!!!!!!

You want to get grossed out , got to almost ANY food plant , lift the cover on a controll panel , or lift a floor scale , see just how MANY critters go scurring .
FACT !!!!!!
Why do you think there is an alowable amount of rat rurds and forein matter in food ???
FACT !!!!!

You DON'T want to know what they do with the wattles , feet , and other bits and pieses of these chickens , but just let me say NOTHING is wasted !!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #6
staceyv
Lecturer

yeah, I know, they make dog food with it.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:16 AM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Haven't you ever paused for a moment to wonder what part of a chicken constitutes a "McNugget?"

I don't spend time worrying about factory farming methods ... whether it's poultry or produce.

I doubt that PETA would ever do an expose' on what happens to your green beans and carrots from field to market, but it's equally pleasant.

Remember, it was the lettuce that killed people at Chi-Chi's, not the Chili con Carne.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:52 AM   #8
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

to quote jerry seinfeld on a SNL appearance regarding chicken mcnuggets:

If it McComes from where I McThink it does, I don't want to McEat it.

Every food is produced in its own gross way. If everyone bought into these videos, no one would eat anything.

Wolf, you make a good point about the lettuce at Chi-Chis... I think it was some sort of salad item that killed all of those people at Sizzler. Can't remember and it's 2 am.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:04 AM   #9
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

All I need to know about taking PETA seriously I got from Penn and Teller's show Bullshit!

They euthanize enough animals that they bought a walk in freezer, like the one at a meat plant.

They finance domestic terrorists: cite
# Paid a claimed $70,000 in support of convicted ALF arsonist Rodney Coronado (1998).
# Donations to ELF. The United States FBI considers ELF to be the "most active domestic terrorism group in the country" (2000/01)
# Paid $34,900 fine for convicted ALF activist Roger Troen.

And they say that my child is no more valuable than a pig or a mouse.

So yes, I take them seriously, same as I do any other threat.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #10
breakingnews
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Haven't you ever paused for a moment to wonder what part of a chicken constitutes a "McNugget?"
This argument kind of drives me nuts. I think a chicken nugget is absolutely no different than a beef or turkey burger - it's the same old meat all mashed up and sometimes processed with chemicals to make it hold together/last longer. It's only weird because we don't see ground turkey/chicken as often as beef.

I'll admit McNuggets are kinda grody, but I actually think they're a little better than the fried chicken chunks one gets at Chick-Fil-A. More fat and oil in the composition makes it tastier and easier to chew.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingnews
I'll admit McNuggets are kinda grody, but I actually think they're a little better than the fried chicken chunks one gets at Chick-Fil-A. More fat and oil in the composition makes it tastier and easier to chew.
you take that back right now, young man!

that's crazy talk.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #12
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

It's the heroin that makes Chic-fil-a so unique and special.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:12 AM   #13
staceyv
Lecturer

I don't eat there, anyway. I was just wondering, because they are spending millions to air this ad, and they have pamela anderson backing them up and all that.

I am proud to say that I don't eat any processed food at all. I do eat beef, but I buy steaks or a big hunk of eye of round. It's still probably full of growth hormones and antibiotic residue, though...

And it isn't willpower that keeps me from eating all that garbage, it's food allergies and intolerances.

What that video DOES make me want to do, is shoot those hillbilly white trash asswipes that are throwing and stomping on those chickens. It's a fact that if you abuse animals, you are likely to also abuse children.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:17 AM   #14
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
What that video DOES make me want to do, is shoot those hillbilly white trash asswipes that are throwing and stomping on those chickens.
And this puts you and I on the same page as far as that goes.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #15
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
I was just wondering, because they are spending millions to air this ad, and they have pamela anderson backing them up and all that.
Ah, that's no big deal, Pamela Anderson has backed up to LOTS of people...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote