The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2005, 07:38 PM   #11
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
"Come Hell or high water."
No idea, but it has reminded me of a good (well I think so - one of those with a re-usable punchline) if somewhat old joke.

Guy dies goes to heaven. St Peter at the gates to heaven asks his name. Guy tells him, Peter checks and says your not on the list, sorry fellah, you'll have to try downstairs.

Guy goes down to the Devil, same thing, so guy asks where he goes now. It's the goblins for you says Satan and directs him down some steps.

Steps seem to lead for miles but eventually they end and guy sees three goblins each standing by a door.

Guy stops at first goblin and asks what the deal is. Goblin explains that he has to choose to stay in the room behind one of the doors. Thing is though if he refuses a room then he can't go back after.

So goblin opens door to first room and guy sees all these people screaming in flames. No thanks he says and moves to the next goblin. This goblin opens his door to reveal all these people up to their necks in in water. No thanks again says the guy not fancying that one bit either (see Wolf, this is where I got the Hell and High Water connection...)

Third goblin says well, you've had your chances. He opens the third door and pushes the guy in. It's a strange room. Full of people standing in human excrement (OK, shit!). Funny thing is they're all happily smiling and drinking cups of tea from very nice bone china cups and saucers. But the smell....!

Oh, no, thinks the guy, wrong decision, and then he's handed a cup of tea himself. Hmmm, thinks the guy, sipping his tea, not a bad cup. He sips some more. Not bad at all, and, I suppose, although the smells a bit heavy, I will soon get used to it. And sure enough 5 minutes later he's beginning to feel OK about the situation, he's adjusting quite nicely. Just then however a klaxon sounds and a loud voice calls through the loud-speaker. OK, guys and gals, tea-break's over now, back on your heads!

OK, perhaps these sorts of jokes do lose a little something over the years....