The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2006, 09:33 AM   #11
Tse Moana
You're just jealous 'cause the little voices talk to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
I got serious about wrestling a stand of pipes in 1990, played from then until about 1998, revived it a little in early 2001, then put it by again until a few weeks ago now. I reckon I might as well continue. After all, funeral and wedding gigs can make you a bit of extra money. The going rate around here starts at $75-$100 a pop. I've played in a band before, and I want to expand my repertoire of jigs, reels, and hornpipes. Piobaireachd is a dream that is further down the road. For some reason piobaireachd teachers are VERY thin on the ground.

Are you playing on the pipes yet or are you still only playing the practice chanter? The practice chanter is the only thing I learn material on.

One more way to Be Obnoxious On The Pipes: play Monty Python's Lumberjack Song.
I'm still at the practice chanter now. I'll get a real bagpipe once I've learned some tunes. We learn everything on the chanter anyway. First tune I'll learn (in the coming weeks) is gonna be The Rowan Tree.

My pipemajor and the pipesergeant (his daughter) have begun learning Piobaireachd last year, it's amazing to watch and to grasp how something that looks the same, gets played differently each time.
Tse Moana is offline   Reply With Quote