The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2002, 01:39 PM   #16
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

I'm not a big Best Buy guy, unless I'm buying simple retail goods. Their customer service is notoriously bad. (On the plus side, the local one is in Delaware -- no taxes -- and they're the only ones I've found who have the Sony deck I mentioned in stock at $219.)

Circuit City... well, if I could GET to one of their stores, they might be an option. Whoever chose the store locations and/or designed their sites locally was a crack-fed lunatic.

Of the three nearest my apartment, #1 is near Valley Forge, and while it has decent parking, you have to deal with nasty 202 traffic and jockey for position on Swedesford Road just to get near the place. #2 is in Springfield -- which says enough right there. (Springfield's civil engineers designed the local highway layout during an all-night peyote binge.)

#3 is in Wilmington, DE, right down the street from the Best Buy, and it would be my preferred location IF I could actually _park_ there. The lot is incredibly small for a retail store and fills up in 3 1/2 seconds; I've had to bail out of shopping trips there and go elsewhere in NORMAL times after circling the lot for fifteen minutes. During the Xmas rush? Forget it. It'd be like an Eagles game where only a couple dozen parking places were available.

Apart from Best Buy, Tweeter, Circuit City and perhaps Sears, I'm not sure where else to look here in suburban Philly...
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote