The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
diminished
Why Aye,Man!

On Tour in the USA

Hi Cellarites,
Let me introduce myself.I'm diminished,and I'm currently touring the U.S (Lower 48 States only) with my better half,Persistence.I was recommended to come here by an old friend who thought that this may be the place to clear up some of the cultural differences and difficulties I'm having in adapting to American life.
We're on a 4-month vacation (currently just shy of 2 weeks in) ,having quit both of our jobs,and are in the process of spending every penny we have in our sacred quest.We figured we'd do this before we got too old to enjoy it.
We're looking for sites of High Weirdness and uncanny happenings (with a sideline in Big Things,),and wondered if The Cellar had any suggestions.We've progressed as far as southern Ohio so far.(Today we visited the Mothman Museum in Point Pleasant,WV,tomorrow we move onto the Serpent Mound in Ohio).We're moving east->west,with plenty of north and south in between,much like a drunk trying to find his way home,which isn't too much of a difference from how I move back in the UK.
Any and all advice received with gratitude,upon how to behave in America (Home of Cheese in a Can!Genius!).
diminished is offline   Reply With Quote