The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post

That said, nothing but binding agreements with consequences for noncompliance will change *anything* about global warming. Frameworks are not useful in any real world way. I do not blame Obama or any other single party, I simply state that nothing useful happened.
I agree it will take a binding agreement...but you build a binding agreement on a framework that all parties can agree to..and that is what came out of Copenhagen.

And the framework sets both global and national long-emission reduction goals along with providing an independent verification process, both of which are new and, IMO, helpful first steps. It also includes short-term financial pledges to help developing nations....and far more from the EU and Japan than the US.

But my point was the CLassic's post about "Obama acting as those he could walk in and schmooze and all will be well" was typical partisan bullshit right out of Limbaugh. If he said that Obama did not come away with a strong binding treaty, I would have agreed.

Oh...I forgot. Classic is not partisan.

Last edited by Redux; 12-27-2009 at 10:25 PM.