The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2003, 01:08 AM   #1
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

say what you're thinking

I wish I always did, sometimes. Not when i'm thinking something rude, or mean, but when someone pisses me off at the grocery store, or i witness some minor injustice at work. I wish I had those kind of balls. not many people do. I'm not shy, I'm just saying i need to make it a point to confront rude people when they are being asshats. here's an example:

My wife and i went xmas shopping, and while looking thru some prints at an art store, she had one of the above mentioned occurances, and was irked out enough from shopping that she lost her normal inhibition towards doing this:

So, as I said, we're looking at prints. Its those poster sized plastic fold over racks.....like a giant book. well, as you know it is only possible for 1 person to look through those at a time. So, naturally, this numbnuts lady wanders over and starts prying up the prints on the other end of the stack. So, my wife says in a room silencing volume and tone," why don't you wait your turn, you LOSER!" no shit

dead silence. the woman went white and faded into the background. awesome.

then later that same day, as we're leaving the mall, some guy is looking at her as we walk past each other in the parking lot. "What, am I wearing something of yours?!"

i was impressed. normally, she won't say anything, until we're alone, and then she erupts like a volcano, but we both wish we would. Can any of you HONESTLY say that you practice this philosophy?

Last edited by lumberjim; 11-23-2003 at 01:15 AM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote