Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
monster
I hear them call the tide

Moving the goalposts

yesterday, i sucked it up and payed the deposit and USA registration fees for the boys' hockey and Hebe's Pay-to-Play fee for high school swimming. I shelled out $670 non-refundable. Last night I learned from the local news that the Board of Ed was righting and planning to increase the pay to play by at least $100 despite the season already being underway and people being financially committed...... And this morning I learn that apparently when the hockey board says

Quote:
Important 2011-12 Fall/Winter House, Girls, and Travel Program Fee Information:

Program fees are expected to be near last year's. Final costs for House, Girls, and Travel programs will be dependent on the number of registered players per team and program. The fees for instructional programs do not change based on number of players. A list of programs can be found below. Your non-refundable registration fee is applied toward your total program cost. Adjustments in rates from last year are driven by changes in ice time based on input from participants. We strongly encourage you to register your player early.
They must consider a 30% increase as "near" because that is the figure being circulated.

My groove is truly scorched and some people are going to get singed from the fall-out......