Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hit and Run--the Continuing Saga

I mentioned earlier that I really didn't think I could take one more thing breaking. Then my furnace "broke."

So I added that to the list.

This morning as I was almost to work, I was driving in the far right lane in front of campus (three lanes each way) and next to the parking lane, where the parking meters are. A lot of people use this area for drop-offs. I drove by, and a dropper offer hits his big old camaro gas pedal and plowed right into rear section of my car, causing extensive damage to the wheel well, the place where there would be door if there were a back door, and the bumper and lights.

He took off, flying around me...I'm squinting to see the license plate but all I got were the first three letters. An employee in maintenance witnessed it and came over, along with some concerned students. None of them got the plate number. However, a few minutes later like 3 separate cars came pulling around waving pieces of paper out their window, showing me they got the plate. How nice was that?

The cop said the plate does indeed match a maroon camaro (this was a newer model one too) and is in a nearby sort of suburb. Odds are they'll get him, but I don't know what good it will do me if he's uninsured which I'm guessing he is. Or doesn't have a license. Or both.

I have a 1000 deductible. I had just raised it as I tried to lower my premiums a bit. Lightning never strikes twice on a girl who is just trying to find her way into work, right? Wrong. First brand new car: totalled after 2 weeks. Replaced with Daisy Head Maisie (or Daisy Mae for short). Daisy should survive, but you never know about frames and stuff.

I'm concentrating on deep breaths and coffee.

Surely, this is the moment when my lifetime bad luck turns the corner, right?
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote