Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Anonymous Accountability

So, I decided to start working out without telling friends or family about my plans because every time I've started that in the past it hasn't worked out. BUT I am not very self motivated (hence the needing to work out in the first place bit) so I thought maybe if I put up a thread in the cellar, I could have the best of both worlds? Anonymously working out in real life while enjoying support and accountability from the cellar?

Diabetes runs pretty hardcore in my family so I've always had good intentions on getting healthy, I just never did. I have no job and all the free time in the world at the moment, so there's really no excuse for me to NOT do it. Earlier this week I put together a photo album of Husband and I's relationship together and seeing all the pictures of me in sequential order made me realize exactly how much I've gained over the last 5 years or so.. it's a lot.

So here is me, just started out today. It was very difficult because of exactly how out of shape I am, but I'm proud of actually trying!

I decided to start out with this:
http://www.gymjunkies.com/home-workout-for-beginner/

I only got in 2 "cycles" before my legs turned into jello, and I had to do "wall push ups" instead of regular ones because I'm not near strong enough to do real push ups yet, but I'd rather start slow and do something manageable than go crazy with it and fail.

I got the "my fitness pal" app on my phone, and so far it's pretty cool... tips are welcome, especially tips involving no gym equipment or workouts for the seriously out of shape folks.