The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Guess what arrived today. Or should I say, what came....

OK, um... They came late because there was such a sudden spike in orders. Apparently, wolf follows Sulu on Twitter.

Quote:
Greetings,

Thank you for your purchase of the popular OCK/UNT black handled mug. As you may know, this item was recently featured in a tweet sent out by none other than George Takei, the actor that portrayed Sulu in the original Star Trek television show in the 1970s.

Due to the recent acclaim this mug has received, we have had a surge of more than 400 orders in the span of just a few days. To put this in perspective, before this weekend we had a lifetime sales record of just 98 OCKS and UNTS. Though we are working around the clock to ship out as many of these OCK/UNT mugs as we can, we regret to inform you that we may not be able to fulfill our 24 hour ship time guarantee. We are deeply sorry for this and for any inconvenience it may cause you.
I just thought that was funny. 98 OCKS & UNTS. indeed.

That's some clear evidence that advertising is effective. And that social media is about advertising.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote