The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2004, 10:50 PM   #31
TheLorax
Keeper of the Decorum

you break it, you bought it

I had to deal with this crap all the time when I was in college. I was trapped like a rat because I worked at one of those kiosk places out in the middle of the mall. It was some kind of a loony magnet. There is just no reasoning with these people and I am hardly ignorant about religion. I was about 3 hours shy of a religion minor. I choose to be a heretic.

I tried everything from arguing them into a corner to singing the praises of Jebus just to get rid of them. Nothing works. If you are not a Christian, then you simply must give your heart to Jebus right now, this very minute here in the middle of the mall while on the clock – wildly inappropriate. If you say you are Lutheran or something normal, then they snort about how the “high churches” are all pomp and ceremony. What I need it would seem is good ole fashioned fire and brimstone. Would it be to much to ask for you to just fuck off and die. There is such a thing as decorum. I am not a Christian and I don’t pretend to be but the times I have been in a church the pomp and ceremony was frankly quite soothing and meditative.

I get religious about things like this:
Attached Images