The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2004, 05:11 PM   #11
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Quote:
Originally posted by DanaC
I dont see how not wanting to execute murderers is creating a new problem. I mean....if you guys were executing your killers and that had solved the problem well, then I could see how you might think that. But you kill your murderers and we dont yet we have a very similar level of crime.
If that works for you guys, then rock on. Over here, we get rid of them permanently (ostensibly). Perhaps if all the states were like Texas, the death penalty WOULD be more of a deterrent than it is now.

I maintain my position that I don't feel that I should have to pay for these people to be housed and given luxuries that I can't afford, such as medical care. Putting them in prison for life is doing just that. It means I'm working to feed, clothe, shelter, and give medical care to the enemy, while they sit there being worthless and useless. They serve no purpose IN prison, and they're too dangerous to let out. What's the point of their existence?

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote