The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 08-23-2004, 03:20 AM   #1
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

Stank Pit Underarm Sweat

So, ever since puberty, I’ve had the most raging case of hyperhidrosis (over-active underarm sweating) you’ve ever seen. It could be 30 degrees outside, snowing, I could be in a t-shirt, and I would sweat through it. I’ve sweat through shirts, jackets, suits, even a leather jacket (that’s hard to do).

The reason I bring this up is that I’ve started using something that FINALLY works. I’m sure some of you have the same problem, and might be interested in checking this out. It’s called Odaban, and you can order it without prescription from England.

It burned like hell the first week, and I rashed over. Then my skin calmed down, and got used to the spray. I use it once a week, now, and for the last 2 month, I haven't been sweating at all. I can't even tell you how much it's changed my self-consciousness to be able to lift my arms in public, to buy clothes based on how they look, and not just on whether they'll show sweat or not. It rocks.

That’s all. This has been an unpaid, unsolicited testimonial. If anyone from Odaban would like to make it a paid, solicited testimonial, I’d be fine with that.

-sm
Old 08-23-2004, 07:50 PM   #2
triestemoi
Civil Civilian

Had the same problem as a teenager/young adult. A US doctor provided a prescription form me that worked. It involved application and then applying plastic wrap and leaving it on all night. It burned and itched like crazy but it worked. At first the effects only lasted a couple of months but after several applications the problem was gone.

Can't remember the name of the prescription so I don't know if it's still available.

But I can really relate to your comments about all the issues the sweatiness caused. I had forgotten that I used to have to buy only clothes that wouldn't show the wetness!

I hope your product continutes to work for you.
triestemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

i knoe this sounds weird but I knew a girl who certain colors made smell bad--all the dark or jewel colors. If she wore lighter colors--beige, white, ocrue, bone, she was fine!
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:08 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sweating has a purpose. If you stop it, won't you overheat?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Ah, but that's showing pre-air-conditioning style thinking.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #6
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The other function of sweating is removing toxins from your system, like peeing but to a lesser extent. I remember seeing a study a long time ago linking a rise in breast cancer to the advancement of anti-perspirant (as opposed to just deoderant) technology. But I never saw anything like it since.

Anyway, I imagine SM will be fine as long as the rest of his body is allowed to sweat normally.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:46 PM   #7
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

actually, i've been using it everywhere. armpits, feet, back, even under my eyes to contol excessive crying. I figure what's good for one part of the body is good for every other part.

for some reason I have an intense burning sensation when I pee. Oh, and lots of blood.

Oh well, at least no underarm sweat!
-sm
Old 08-24-2004, 06:44 PM   #8
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Sweating has a purpose. If you stop it, won't you overheat?
Not necessarily. From what I understand, just stopping it in one area isn't that bad. The body will just re-route it to another part of the body (the toxins). As long as the kidneys are working well, then it's not a problem.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:06 AM   #9
russotto
Professor

They just approved botox for this.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:30 AM   #10
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

[quote=Clodfobble]The other function of sweating is removing toxins from your system, like peeing but to a lesser extent. I remember seeing a study a long time ago linking a rise in breast cancer to the advancement of anti-perspirant (as opposed to just deoderant) technology. But I never saw anything like it since.[quote]

that was an urban legend. I spent 10 years as a licensed mammographer--the underarm deo/anti-pers. thing was bogus. On a line with microwaving your baby's formula takes out all the nutrients. My 14 year old son is 6'5" and still growing and I nuked his bottle every day!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:31 AM   #11
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You can stop bottle feeding him now.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #12
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I have to ask the Lutheran Mother's Brigade first...
Old 08-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #13
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You can stop bottle feeding him now.

No kidding. You really should be breastfeeding him.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote