The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 05-04-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Govinator hopes to get 2 NFL teams for LA

The SoCal Los Angeles of Anaheim Saints near Pasdena and Irwindale or just the SoCal Saints for short.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2430018

Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't want one NFL team in Los Angeles. He wants two. ...

The 11 owners spent six hours listening to California politicians and deemed it a significant step in getting the NFL back to nation's second-largest television market. Tagliabue has made that a priority since both the Rams and Raiders left after the 1994 season. ...

Los Angeles plans to construct a stadium within the shell of the existing Los Angeles Coliseum. Anaheim is offering a 53-acre tract of land for the stadium and economic development. Pasadena, considered a long shot, provided an update on the Rose Bowl. ...

When the NFL expanded in 2002, the new team went to Houston after Los Angeles leaders couldn't agree on a suitable site for the team. ...

In the meantime, SF 4-and-9-ers play in ancient POS (stupid stadium name) "Monster Park" (rights to Monster Cable) at Candlestick Point. And the Raiders can't sell out Mount Davis at Oakland's "McAfee Colisiuem" because the new seats are higher than the fucking blimp.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

[quote=Rock Steady And the Raiders can't sell out Mount Davis at Oakland's "McAfee Colisiuem" because the new seats are higher than the ------- blimp.[/QUOTE]

Also, it can't help that they are all attitude and no deliver. They suck really badly, and I'm not just saying that because I am a Chiefs fan. After all, I am a Chiefs fan, and I know a suck team when I see one.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
W.HI.P
Free

why is everyone always so hard on theam they cheer for

the kc chiefs have the greatest ol in the game, they're gonna have another great season.
anaheim will be great in a couple years.
W.HI.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.HI.P
anaheim will be great in a couple years.
Bold prediction considering that we don't even know what team will play there, if any.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

hmmm... so LA can not support two teams instead of one?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Well now I know how he will keep his promise to "attract more businesses" to California. Businesses which TAKE money from the community. Oh, I forgot, more work for peanut sellers and fry-cooks in the concessions stands, and those ball players will spend their salaries locally - like at the Mercedes dealerships and the Marina del Rey bars.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #7
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Steady
Bold prediction considering that we don't even know what team will play there, if any.
well, considering the potential money that is to be generated by such a move,it's not such a bold statement at all, although it might be a lil' longer than a couple years.
keep an eye on the eagels this year, they will do a lot better than most would think.

lol tonchi
W.HI.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Well, we don't need two bad teams in the bay area. Together they had fewer wins than the Steelers. Send the 49ers south, it's their turn.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:42 AM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Perhaps they could field one team of players generated from the NFL draft and leftovers from other teams as is the custom for an expansion team, and a second of illegals, who should have a good running game, but might be weak on passing.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

HTML Code:
a second of illegals, who should have a good running game, but might be weak on passing.
They'd lose on penalties......not good with rules, you know.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:23 AM   #11
wolf
lobber of scimitars

It would be interesting them to keep running the ball after the whistle blew, though. Refs would have to use that starting pistol for something else ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #12
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Ahnald is just trying to talk big. LA certainly needs a team but two would leave neither doing well. I'm all for shipping the 49ers south, lol. I think they've been plagued by too many fair-weather fans and bad upper management.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote