The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Photoshop Phrenzy!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Photoshop Phrenzy! Images out of your own head

Old 03-30-2003, 01:31 PM   #16
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
NBN, I didn't know there was an official definition of "jacked up." Where I come from, it generally means "not right."
Oh. I was trying to figure out what "being held up against a wall or other solid vertical surface, usually with someone's forearm across one's adam's apple" had to do with a website.

Thanks for clarifying.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
Old 03-30-2003, 01:54 PM   #17
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I've got the Urban Dictionary on my side.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:11 PM   #18
Nothing But Net
Professor

I'm not just out to fuck you, baby.

A blow job would be good, too.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:59 PM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Consider all the small business people out there that keep hearing "e-commerce is the future" and haven't got a clue.
They're working 80 hours a week to survive and don't know where to turn. They're at the mercy of Sally's neighbor's son-in-law. Even if they don't like the result, they're in $500 and being told "awesome, you got a great deal" Damn shame.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:56 AM   #20
llandons
Neophyte-in-training

You are so right

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Consider all the small business people out there that keep hearing "e-commerce is the future" and haven't got a clue.
They're working 80 hours a week to survive and don't know where to turn. They're at the mercy of Sally's neighbor's son-in-law. Even if they don't like the result, they're in $500 and being told "awesome, you got a great deal" Damn shame.
It is really is a shame that they rip off small businesses like that and really they don't even come close to getting any type of return for their effort in getting a website done. Shame on these people for ripping off business. Do you think that these so called web designers acctually think they have a good product.
Old 04-06-2003, 12:03 AM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

From the look of the websites some of these "web designers" put up for themselves, yes. They must think they're doing a good job. It appears the clueless are leading the clueless.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:22 PM   #22
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Re: You think this guy is bad reply to "PhotoShop Logo Design Contest"

Quote:
Originally posted by Partylover_19
. . . This second one has done several sites and charges 500 dollars flat rate.

What is this world coming to we the rest of us have to work and these people get paid for garbage.
Man, I just looked at that site, and, not only does it Suck the Big One, but the author had the audacity to include a link to THIS PAGE, in which the alleged writer admits that she failed a few basic writing/journalism/communication classes in college. The most outrageous part is that she bitches and moans that this travesty is what kept her out of graduate school, while one glance at her website is all that is needed to justify her receipt of the dreaded 'thin letter.'

I may not know HTML from CSS, but I can conjugate verbs and spell correctly! Perhaps I'm also in the wrong profession! (I hope they don't confer degrees in anything important, such as brain surgery, at Point State Park College, if this is what a Magna Cum Laude churns out.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #23
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Point State Park College would be where you'd go if you didn't get in to Pitt. Which is where you go if you didn't get into Penn State.

(lookin' to make enemies again)
Old 04-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #24
elSicomoro

She's trying to say she doesn't remember failing anything, which immediately sounds suspicious to me. And on top of that, in most majors and at most schools, you have to do a credit audit in your final year of school, in which you basically see your transcript, and make sure you've taken all the right classes.

What a turd.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:42 PM   #25
elSicomoro

Oh...great...she's also one of those damned patriotic yahoos...and lives in Pittsburgh for crying out loud!

(Now I'M trying to make enemies.)
Old 04-06-2003, 05:02 PM   #26
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Back in the days when John DeBella ruled the Phila airwaves on WMMR's Morning Zoo (originally the DeBella Travesty, incidentally), he used to say something EVERY TIME he mentioned Pittsburgh. As as consequence I associate this statement indellibly with that city. I have never been to Pittsburgh, so I don't know if this is justified or not ...

Pittsburgh, where the sky is brown and yellow, and the plants are as smart as the people."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 04-06-2003, 05:05 PM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Failing stuff does not keep you out of gradual school, especially if you are one of those "returning" students who can claim "life experience" to make up for a variety of deficits in other areas.

However, if her academic performance was as described (somewhere between iffy and lacking) there is NO WAY she could have graduated magna cum anything ... unless she had a 'special' friend in the transcript office to take care of these little problems in the calculation of GPA for her.

But you know what ... I don't actually give a shit. Her site sucks, no matter what her academic experience.

Old 04-06-2003, 06:16 PM   #28
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Point State Park College would be where you'd go if you didn't get in to Pitt. Which is where you go if you didn't get into Penn State.

(lookin' to make enemies again)
Well, I actually knew how sucky PSC was, having a lovely vantage point over it (and Pitt) from the Carnegie-Mellon campus (where, by the way, I earned loads of incompletes, always knew what my grades were, and graduated Summa Cum Barely.

On the other hand, Pittsburgh remains one of my favorite cities, and I'd relocate there from Baltimore in a heartbeat. Amandawriter's site sucks, her attitude sucks, her clients must be morons, but her city is great! Just wanted y'uns to know that.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:16 PM   #29
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
However, if her academic performance was as described (somewhere between iffy and lacking) there is NO WAY she could have graduated magna cum anything ... unless she had a 'special' friend in the transcript office to take care of these little problems in the calculation of GPA for her.
I was thinking about that too...unless she got latin honors based on her GPA at her last school (where she apparently had no F's). My latin honors were based on my GPA for the 72 hours I took at UMSL.

"I'd like to cum loud too, preferably in a 69."--Brodie, from Mallrats
Old 04-06-2003, 06:22 PM   #30
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
. . . Failing stuff does not keep you out of gradual school . . .
Nah, failing stuff (or, in my case, amassing incompletes each semester) is what gets you into "gradual school." In fact, my progress through school was so gradual as to be nearly unnoticeable. My next degree will be earned at "tectonic plate movement school." Unfortunately, the degree will be awarded poshumously; that's how slow I am.