"House Lies."
--Everybody
House ∈ Everybody

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #47
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I think this thread now very effectively illustrates the relation between American Right and Left.

Politically, they aren't too far apart (by global standards), but by god they hate each others' guts and aren't afraid to express it.

Oh and Hi Uday, welcome to freedom! I hope it goes well for you and your country and all the other Midle-East countries that are going through this upheaval.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #48
Uday
Poker Playing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
I think this thread now very effectively illustrates the relation between American Right and Left.

Politically, they aren't too far apart (by global standards), but by god they hate each others' guts and aren't afraid to express it.

Oh and Hi Uday, welcome to freedom! I hope it goes well for you and your country and all the other Midle-East countries that are going through this upheaval.
Yes, it was a very effective demonstration.

Thank you.
Uday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #49
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
How are we still discussing that row? It happened years ago.
Timothy McVey killed how many in Oklahoma? So we should ignore why it happened because it was so long ago?

Nothing has changed. Demonstrated so obviously is political conflict. Extremists vs. moderates. Uday asked a question. Demonstrated bluntly by example was his answer. An answer that will be often repeated due increasing extremism especially in America.

PITA is not trying to subvert governments for their political agenda. So PITA extremists are not posting here. Or maybe we could try?

"Kaddafi is a kitten killer." That should create enough emotion to even overthrow a government in Libya.

Meanwhile, never forget that hate and other emotions that empower extremism. To promote their political agenda rather than advance mankind. Hate – as discussed in another thread - is why American journalists were attacked and raped. Encouraged by extremists who told the most naive that international journalists were conspiring to subvert the Egyptian government. It got nasty quickly after extremists disseminated their hate message. Hate works on those who do not know how to think logically.

A reality that should be restated often because it makes extremists both angry and easily identified. And a problem made harsh in America due to extremists such as Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck who preach hate routinely and daily on American radios. At the expense of moderates.

I have had a third party come up and threaten me in a diner because I was discussing some of what I have posted here with another private person. Happened twice because differences between moderates and extremists were defined. Being in another nation, you may not realize how nasty it is slowly becoming in America. Something I had not seen since days when Kent State students were murdered.

“Kaddafi is a kitten killer”. Where is PITA when we really need an extremist to make life interesting?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #50
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i have to say this. classicman sent me a pm today. this is really quite funny! well. i won't go into it, however we're all good and are laughing about this misunderstanding. sir, i apologize for going ape shit! i am both relieved and well, laughing still. chuckling as i type this...careful about copy paste when tired and be suuuuuure you send it to the right person! no worries man. and to everyone else i have to say i apologize for the profanity. i'm usually a calm collected individual. you got me! lmao!!! oh and did anyone else call that phone number?? it;s a riot!! a prerecorded message. in fact gonna change my tag line to it!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #51
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

then classic got me with this:

Sure man - gimme a call - 202-452-7468!

the rejection hotline from his area i suppose! good one man!