The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #136
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 10 DAY 2

I almost forgot to write about today. Maybe it's because I'm feeling rather guilty about it. Okay, long story to cook up my excuse for today. I have to finish this sutra, about 250 pgs, within 10 days before the start of this upcoming class. I've only read 34 pgs in. Two hundred fifty pages doesn't sound too long, but it is for me because it's in Vietnamese and I read Vietnamese a bit slower than I do in English. Sooooooo, I decided to dedicate this morning to some reading after meditation(that's usually when I exercise). But I was tired and sleepy, so I decided to do some stretching....on my bed.... hihihi. So, of course, I feel asleep. In the end, I neither exercised nor read sutra. I figured I could exercise in the afternoon. However, I looked at the schedule and found out I'm supposed to do the stretch routine for both tomorrow and the day after. Wanna guess what I decided? Yups, I rationalized that I could exercise tomorrow and stretch the following day. So, there you go, I didn't exercise today but it's okay.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #137
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 10 DAY 3

I did core synergistics. Not much more to say other than I'm happy I was able to get my exercise in.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #138
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Excellent, keep at it.

I'm only pretending to be your personal trainer so I can get a perve, you know.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #139
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I wrote a long post with lots of descriptions and explanations but by the time I post it, I had to log in again. Unfortunately, it couldn't post and I lost everything. I'm too darn tired to rewrite everything all y'all get is a summary.

WEEK 10 DAY 4

Sigh...I ended up not doing my stretch exercise.

WEEK 10 DAY 5

I didn't do my core synergists but I joined a friend to do Jillian Michael's circuit training dvd. Forty mins long. Then I did burpees with a knee jump and a sorta ball pike except without the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Excellent, keep at it.

I'm only pretending to be your personal trainer so I can get a perve, you know.
Hehe....well then, look all you want and I'll pretend to show you.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #140
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 10 DAY 6

Ehrm.....ummm.....hmmm.....I didn't exercise today.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:19 PM   #141
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

WEEK 10 DAY 7

I didn't do any form of exercise. I meant to stretch because I sorely need it but forgot why I never got around to it.

PHASE 3

WEEK 11 DAY 1

I didn't exercise today....again. You can either stop here or continue reading if you want to read my diary-like entry whine on life and poor excuse use of women problem.

I couldn't exercise this morning. Something unexpected came up and also, I forgot about my mom's dental appointment. I was able to grab a granola bar as I ran out the door. By the time I got home, it was way past lunch time. Not hungry but I developed a headache from lack of food. Yes, I can't starve myself; my body would protest. My mom's dental treatment is at the point where I need a huge amont of cash, which I am short of. I have a guest coming for a long-term stay and there are still lots to clean. Really nothing major to worry. Perhaps a mild annoyance, right? Well, I have pms, and it puts me on edge. Oh yeah, my stomach punished me for neglecting it by giving me heartburn after I ate in the afternoon until way into the evening. So, today I felt mentally and physically strained.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #142
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I am sorry you aren't feeling good, Lola. I know how it is hard to balance the food/exercise. You are doing great, though and I hope you keep with it. You are an inspiration!
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #143
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Lola bunny - hun, you don't need to starve yourself. You are so tiny to begin with. Tsk, tsk
Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #144
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Kero and Sarge: Thanks for the nice words. I think I expressed myself wrong. I didn't starve myself that day. I was gonna eat breakfast when my mom reminded me about her dental appointment. I grabbed a granola bar on my way out of the door so I wouldn't miss breakfast, or should I say be on an empty stomach. After we got out of the dental office, I had to stop by the grocery store to get some stuffs. By the time I had the chance to eat lunch, it was way late. I was starving by then and my body reacted to the food deprivation. I don't starve myself on purpose.

Now to address my lack of input these days about my exercise. I have not been exercising. I have been busy, and I have been lagging because I've been feeling a bit unmotivated. However, I am not going to give up because I decided I am not quit as I've done so often on so many things in the past. Although P90X is nothing major in life, I am using it as a marker for being serious about changing my bad habits, one of which is giving up. I just missed a week of the program, which I will do again next week. I also intend to exercise again tomorrow. So, I will see y'all tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #145
Griff
still says videotape

We all need a break sometimes to keep it fresh.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #146
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Thanks, Griff.

As some of you may have guessed, I have not been exercising. On Sunday, I did the P90X stretch to prep my muscles back to training. On Monday, my brother had to go somewhere early so he asked me to come over and sleep with my nephew. (His mom leaves for work at 4:30AM.) This morning, my brother had to go somewhere early again so I went with sis-in-law to take my nephew to the dentist. He's petrified of the dentist. Can't blame him. We weren't permitted to go in with him because they said the children would cry more with relatives around. He came home with all these spots around his eyes and forehead area due to broken blood vessels because he cried too much. He threw up everytime he eats something. That's at least 4 times since this afternoon. I heard that's a side effect of laughing gas. (But really, not being able to hold any food down?!?) And tonight, I saw these marks on his ears and part of his head hurts. Anyways, hopefully I can get some exercise tomorrow. Although this is a bit cheating, I will now input my measurements that I took last week.

weight: 100.4 lbs.
waist: 28
hip: 33
thigh: 20
Old 08-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #147
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I know you're petite, Lola, but those are not quite the three numbers we're after.

Oh and What Sarge Said. There's a woman whose breasts alone weigh 20% more than your entire body.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #148
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Okay, I resisted but failed. Gotta ask, what three numbers are you after?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #149
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Bust/waist/hips, of course. Mind you, the thigh is a nice detail!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #150
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Bust/waist/hips, of course. Mind you, the thigh is a nice detail!
Oh, heheheh. Well, I never mind giving TMI but knowing that first measurement, you will only end up being disappointed or disillusioned or....!