The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-15-2006, 04:48 AM   #166
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Most of you participating in this thread have not grasped the entire situation. Some, because you aren't familiar with it because you don't read all the threads. Some, because you don't remember all the history. Some, because you are too dense to understand it.

If you think this is bullying and not a response to bullying, which of the three categories do you fall into? If you think this is bad "emotional" behavior and not a response to bad "emotional" behavior, which of the three categories do you fall into?

I notice nobody gives a shit how I feel. I didn't set out to ban her, and in fact I didn't. Let's review.

Some time ago, I merely made a statement: I think you're disgusting, let's agree to not be in each other's threads. This agreement worked for quite some time. For all the "why can't you just ignore it" people, you fall into one of the three categories that didn't notice this period. My ability to ignore was absolutely phenomenal. I was stoic.

At one point she posted in one of my threads and I gave her the back of my hand. Stay out of my threads, bitch. She never had to say that to me because I never participated in her threads.

But still she set out to carefully violate that arrangement. She deleted the reply to me, second message of this thread, where she wrote a content-free post which ended in, effectively, "but I'm not supposed to post in your thread tee hee".

And I said, that's it, I've had it, I can't share this place with you; I won't post while you're here, it's just no fun for me anymore. She planned her next post: let's see, if UT's not going to post while I'm posting, what shall I post?

this.

Mind, she had not participated in the Word Assn thread in a year.

Tee hee!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:32 AM   #167
NoBoxes

Originally Posted by Undertoad
I notice nobody gives a shit how I feel.

...... all better now?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:51 AM   #168
lookout123
changed his status to single

listen up you all - take a breath. i for one believe the cellar will be a better place without marichiko, but as of this point it isn't yet. right now, as it stands, Marichiko wins because everyone is still bickering and choosing up sides. not on an issue of significance, but over who likes who and who thinks the other person is a stupid poopy head.

Marichiko's defenders - as far as i can tell and i've been here the whole time marichiko was - she wasn't banned for her lies. (or alleged lies if you prefer) she was banned for the disruption she caused around here.

let me put it like this. if I at any point post something that causes cellarites to draw up sides and attack each other personally to the point that the cellar looks, sounds, and feels like every other pathetic BBS out there - I EXPECT TO BE BANNED. for the good of the community - whether or not my post was true or not.

UT and LJ. you know that certain people will always view Marichiko as a victim regardless of how well you present your case. instead of focusing on the ones arguing the point here, take note of how many aren't posting at all. either A) they agree with the resolution at this point, B) they are so disgusted they just want to put this behind them. either way, let it go. she's gone. the flames will die down and in awhile she will be remembered about as well as april.

TW. take your medication - reality is calling.

XOB - thanks for taking an action that obviously wasn't something you really wanted. you put the long term good of the cellar ahead of your personal preferences, proving once again that you are a stand up guy.

Everyone else - Here's your challenge - find something worth discussing and start a thread that will draw everyone there. the person who starts the most interesting thread will get one 8 x 10 autographed photo of LabRat's Ass.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:07 AM   #169
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
XOB - thanks for taking an action that obviously wasn't something you really wanted. you put the long term good of the cellar ahead of your personal preferences, proving once again that you are a stand up guy.
Well said. I agree.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:11 AM   #170
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Justify, explain, etc...
I used to have this dog. Mangy little thing. He'd pee on my carpet, chew my furniture and puke in my underwear drawer. And he would bark. It was an annoying bark but made you feel sorry for it. Sort of like chewing tin foil while watching George Bush address the UN. No worse. It was so shrill and so grating that you could actually see space warping as the sound came out - sort of like looking at a sunset just above an open gas can. But he would only bark just as I was dozing off as though the switch was embedded in my eyelid.

Anyway, I let him hang around but told him to stay out of my bedroom. Which he did for a while. Then I caught him on my bed. Pinching a loaf on my pillow. Ears out, eyes bulging, back arched, tail up and BOOM! There it wuz. On my pillow. That I sewed with fabric that I bought. Smedley just looked at me and grinned and ran off before I could smack him with the paper.

So, one day, I sez to myself: "Self!?"

Then I said: "Whut?"

Then I said: "I'm gonna get rid of this dog!"

About that time, my neighbor dropped in to borrow my lawn mower. Again. I think he siphons the gas out of it and puts it in his car because there's never any gas in it when he brings it back. Come to think of it, he doesn't even have a yard. Where was I? Oh, yeah. Smedley.

So I told my neighbor that I'm up to here with Smedley and was going to drop him off at the pound.

"Whyfore, oh neighbor of mine?" He asked. "What'd Smedley ever do to you? C'mere Smedley -- ooochoooo coochie coochie coochie. Does your butt itch? scratch-scratch-scratch - leg thumping on floor - sly grin in my general direction - there -all better now."

"Y'know?" As he spoke, his eyebrows furled in judgement of me which, for a millisecond, gave me a shivering flashback to this picture I saw once of a medieval Bishop sternly administering the Inquisition of a man who had not expressed sufficient gratitude to his torturers for purging him of his sin. "His butt wouldn't itch like that if you let him sleep in your bedroom instead of wherever you let him stay." Smedley shot me a look of smug satisfaction that my neighbor didn't notice.

"But he craps on my bed and barks when I sleep and..." He stopped me.

"Put a plastic trash bag on your pillow and get some fucking earplugs for God's sake! What the hell is wrong with you?!?! He's just a dog like any other dog. You have thirty dogs. What's the difference?"

Stunned, I just looked at him with a mouth-open stare.

He continued and his expression lightened. "Not to change the subje... you ok?... but my TV is still out. And did you remember to set your TiVo for The UN/Harvard sponsored Al Gore Global Warming Conference moderated by Kofi Annan tonight from 5:30 to 11:30? I hear they are doing a special segment where they have this ice carving of George Bush and it, like, melts 'n stuff you know like the ice caps are melting.... Anyway can I watch it live at your house tonight - I already invited some friends and they don't have cell phones so I like can't reach them to change plans thanks man."

"But the Sponge Bob 24-hour maratho..." I started to say.

He resumed to his affectionathon for Smedley. "C'mere Smedleypoo. We're gonna watch Al Gore and Kofi Annan save the world from the mental midget your sorry-ass owner voted for together tonight! Yes we are! Coochie-coochie [rubs noses, swaps spit] Isn't that right? Ohhhhhhh you're so CUTE!!!" Smedley shot me another eff-you look as his leg thumped the floor.

After he left, Smedley disappeared out the back door. When he came back for lunch, I was resolved to take his sorry but to the pound. Then I remembered that the spark plug in the lawnmower was fouled so I replaced it with one out of my car so I could finish cutting the grass. I'll just put it back so I can take Smedley to the pound.

Just then, I looked out the window and saw my neighbor disappear with my lawnmower.

Nausea.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:29 AM   #171
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
The person who starts the most interesting thread will get one 8 x 10 autographed photo of LabRat's Ass.
Obviously I would still be interested in the prize despite being female, as I understand these sell for a fortune on eBay. However I am interested in the fact you have one to give....
Old 12-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #172
lookout123
changed his status to single

i don't have it yet. i'm just such a big supporter of the cellar that i'm going to fly back up to the iowa city and visit LR and the hubby for awhile. i'm sure he won't mind.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #173
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Well said. I agree.
word
Old 12-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #174
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
But how will this play out in the upcoming moderator elections?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:59 AM   #175
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

FWIW Mari and I were both participants on Another Board a few years ago, and our time there overlapped by a year at least, and this sort of kerfuffle did not happen there.
That being said, this is UT's board and the mods' decisions are final. (Ouch the fence is such an uncomfortable place to sit).
Old 12-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #176
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Most of you participating in this thread have not grasped the entire situation. Some, because you aren't familiar with it because you don't read all the threads. Some, because you don't remember all the history. Some, because you are too dense to understand it.
I've stayed out of this pretty much, but I do take a tiny bit of issue with these statements. I feel like I "knew" Mari as much as anyone here, and I think I understand her. Further, I support Bruce's decision to ban because I don't think he had any other choice. He was protecting this community, and sometimes those decisions are hard. Bruce is a prince of a guy, the one person here to whom I would entrust all that is important to me, and I admire him tremendously. The Cellar couldn't ask for a better moderator.

So, I will just say this...Mari did not whip Mari into a bannable frenzy by herself. There is a contingent of Dwellars who seem to enjoy fanning smoldering embers into apocalyptic flames, then reveling when the Halon extinguishers get deployed. I find this a bit sad.

I did not for a moment believe everything Mari said to be true. I further did not believe it all to be fabrication. I guess I see her situation as symptomatic of loneliness, depression, alienation, and, as the parent of a cognitively disabled child who lives with these issues daily, I have a certain amount of empathy for that.

I know that some of us question whether or not Mari even *was* the victim of CO poisoning. Certainly, her facility with the written word caused me to take pause as regards that topic. But, the fact is, we *all* have to accept a certain amount of what we tell each other as truthful and honest, otherwise, there's little point in what we do here. I've mentioned it before, and I'll say it again: no one has ever called Bullshit on any of my tales, yet I have often been complimented on my writing. Would it not follow, then, that I might also possess the skills to mislead convincingly?

How do you know that *I* am not just another Mari, more subtle, more devious...more dishonest?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #177
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie

You tickle my funny bone.

Edited down to a link so as not to distract from the other serious posts but the effort had to be applauded. ...oh and laughed at too! tee hee funny story.

Last edited by skysidhe; 12-15-2006 at 10:04 AM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #178
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I have a certain amount of empathy for that

Right, now let's see. I'm unemployed, and face an increasingly threatening financial situation. But I'm healthy, generally optimistic, and have an education, so I will likely recover and bounce back well. If I lose the house I will still be able to afford an apartment with Jacquelita, although I may have to give up my dog.

I rate a mere 3 on the victimization scale. You can, therefore, be mean to me. If I want you to be nicer to me, I should emphasize the negatives and major concerns in my life.

Spode, what I have said to you here is downright mean. But that's OK; you rate a 3 also.

I know that some of us question whether or not Mari even *was* the victim of CO poisoning.

She knew a lot of intricate details about what that might entail. For example, she complained about not getting expensive hyperbaric treatment. In-between puffs on a cigarette.

FWIW Mari and I were both participants on Another Board a few years ago, and our time there overlapped by a year at least, and this sort of kerfuffle did not happen there.

Perhaps she was more brain-muddled during that period.

Or was it a forum of all women? Women don't complain about each other to their face; that's rude. Women wait until they get to the bathroom with their mates to complain, and then they let loose a way biggger shitstream than I might.

In any case, now she can return there, where they appreciate her so well. Nice to know there's another place for her to participate. This is the Internet, you know, and forums are quite rare.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:01 AM   #179
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Replay of 911 call:

I don't know officer...it's like, like he's gone CRAZY. He's standing on the porch shooting a staple gun at the door, over and over and over. Please help! (Sobs hysterically)

UT's neighbor:

He was a good guy, a real good neighbor. He always kept his yard nice, never had loud parties. I don't know what made him snap.

Local news teaser:

MAN GOES STAPLE CRAZY
what puts a seemingly normal man over the edge? Commentary, and film, at 11.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:33 AM   #180
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

lol Shawnee.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote