Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #166
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
That may be so, but your disdain for me is well documented on this forum. I have hardly made such comments to you or about you with the exception of when I first joined, what, years ago. So be it.
True. It goes back to your abuse of Ibram. He has essentially dropped off the board, it was a long time ago, and I need to let it go.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #167
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
True. It goes back to your abuse of Ibram. He has essentially dropped off the board, it was a long time ago, and I need to let it go.
But why do you leave off my public apology to him? I screwed up big time and admitted it to him and everyone else here. Am I not allowed a chance to make amends when I see that I have done wrong? Is perfection of a man your standard? When a person makes a mistake and then makes a public apology to the person he wronged is that not enough? When do I get that break? Ibram was owed an apology and got one. What he chose to do with it from that point forward was his decision. But if you carefully re-read that thread and see what I said to him maybe you could cut me some slack. We have all had to deal with internal demons, he just happened to bring some forth for me and I had to face them after what I said to him. They are still there to some degree, but I at least admitted to the community that I was wrong.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #168
Griff
still says videotape

I was probably not reading it very charitably back then. You've admitted the wrong here. I will try to focus on what you write not my preconceptions of you. I can see you are not attempting to start something, you are finishing something and that is admirable. I will also strive to be a better dwellar. I apologize for being a complete bastard to you.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #169
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I was probably not reading it very charitably back then. You've admitted the wrong here. I will try to focus on what you write not my preconceptions of you. I can see you are not attempting to start something, you are finishing something and that is admirable. I will also strive to be a better dwellar. I apologize for being a complete bastard to you.
And I to you. I propose a peace pact. I recognize that we are both passionate in our feelings about issues but I assure you that I am not, nor have I ever been a one trick pony. I have a wide range of diverse views and opinions on things. I completely respect your divergence of my views and will strive to be a better poster to you personally. I publicly apologize if have said anything offensive to you personally, not about our differing views, but about you. Please accept my apology and let's move forward from this point. I can't go back and change some of the things I have said to you, but I acknowledge them and will try to make amends. That is the best I can do.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #170
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That right there is what it's all about... good goin' you guys!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:39 AM   #171
Griff
still says videotape

Peace.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #172
Flint
Snowflake

expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote