The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #16
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

The latter. DC is the same. Never as much snow as the 'burbs.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:16 PM   #17
warch
lurkin old school

We have had great winter weather so far. The Friday after thanksgiving was beautiful- the first good snowfall. We bundled up and hit the afternoon Wild game, then Saint Paul opened their city center outdoor rink. We walked around downtown with the holiday lights and magic snow. Last Saturday we got 4-6 inches of new powder- so feathery/fluffy that I could just blow on the car window to clear it all off. Found a good sledding hill. Sunday we put the skates on and hit the Rose Oval outdoor rink- the ponds still need another week or so to be safe.

We're getting fresh 1 inch dustings each day, and steady cold temps, just to keep it beautiful. Sure, its 2 degrees out there right now, but I love it!
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #18
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
Why does Philadelphia always seem to have warmer temps than the rest of the area? Something to do with proximity to the ocean? A climate created by concrete? (microclimate created by large cities)
Urban heat-island effect? We're gettin a decent amount here in NE Ohio.. bring on the extreme saucer sledding!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:05 PM   #19
Griff
still says videotape

Pretty snowy in NEPA as well. 23 degrees F right now
Old 12-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #20
seakdivers
Icy Queen

We got snow last weekend, but it's starting to melt off.
Here's a picture from Sunday when we went out on the boat to collect cedar boughs.
Attached Images

seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #21
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

What volcano is that, Seak?

Here in the Heartland, it is colder than a witch's titty. Brass monkeys have been seen crowding the malls in search of warmth, and welldiggers have been stocking up on electric longjohns. Yup...its cold.

Two to three inches of what will certainly be pulverschnee are forecast for Wednesday night into Thursday, when I have to drive 125 miles to pick up Mrs Elspode from her parents' house, where she is recuperating from gastric bypass surgery. Then it is another 100 miles on to Sedalia, where she'll have her followup appointment with her surgeon, and finally back home.

The heater fan isn't working in my Explorer, so I'm rather hoping the snow is just a rumor.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #22
seakdivers
Icy Queen

Elspode - that's Mt Edgecumbe, and it's a dormant volcano. It looks alot like Mt Fuji, and off of the top of my head - I think they are the same type of volcano.
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:00 PM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Whoa, Mrs Elspode in down?
Give her our best and keep her warm... even if you have to slather the dashboard with Sterno.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:04 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune
Why does Philadelphia always seem to have warmer temps than the rest of the area? Something to do with proximity to the ocean? A climate created by concrete? (microclimate created by large cities)
How many times duh we gotta tell youse? Philly's Hot!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:11 AM   #25
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I must express my gratitude for both Monday night's snow, and Monday Night Football. I became temporarily insane on Monday night and decided to go to the Mall. It was a little freaky, actually, almost like that scene in 12 Monkeys where Bruce Willis comes up out of the manhole cover in front of City Hall and everythings covered in snow and there are no people at all? It was like that, sort of, only in a large retail space during the height of Christmas Shopping season ... I knew that something was not quite right when I had no trouble getting a parking space right near the door of one of the anchor stores. I wandered around the mall for a couple of hours, gawking at the lack of people, and ended up buying a Starbucks Cafe Mocha (shopping is very hard work and you need to keep your energy up), a couple of bathmats (mine needed replacing) and a Dollar Store Dreidel (the boss though t the holiday decorations at work were not multicultural enough. I still need to find a dirt cheap Kwanzalabra and perhaps a Menorah). I also picked up a couple of very nice sweatshirts with wintery scenes involving cardinals on them. I did get one actual Christmas gift for my Mom, who announced that she was in need of a nightlight.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:16 AM   #26
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I've been looking for that lampshade leg in a Christmas tree ornament since before Thanksgiving--Heirloom makes 'em, but they are always Sold Out.

I'm having a multi-cultural holiday, too. I bought a Hanukkah bear, complete with dreidel and kippa!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 AM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Suncoast Video (probably also in a mall near YOU) has the tabletop lamp, the ornament, the nightlights, the string of christmas tree lights, and the Ralphie in the bunny suit with the bbgun action figure. There was something else ... oh, teeshirt with "I triple dog dare you" written on it with a sketch of Flick with his tongue stuck to the flagpole. I think there was one more thing, I know it wasn't the dad with the lamp bobblehead, they were out of those ... there was basically a shrine at the front of the store.

Coolest thing I saw shopping, but I couldn't convince myself to cough up $40 for it ... an 18" Patrick Bateman Action Figure.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 12-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #28
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Suncoast. I'm there.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #29
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Whoa, Mrs Elspode in down?
Give her our best and keep her warm... even if you have to slather the dashboard with Sterno.
Mrs Elspode is recuperating nicely following (wait for it...) - gastric bypass surgery last Friday.

It was a big decision and it is going to be a major lifestyle change for her. I'm quite proud of her and we're both really excited about what the future will hold for her as she begins the process of recovering from ten years of chronic obesity.

Oh...and it has been snowing like a bitch for 12 hours now and is supposed to keep up for about eight more. We've got about five inches on the ground here now, and there could be 8 or more for me to drive through for 300+ miles tomorrow. Egad.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #30
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Hurricane Schwartz is predicting something like 12" in a storm that's to hit sometime between tomorrow and Friday.