The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #16
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

From the totem thread Munchkin...

Could be worse, you could be a gorilla. WTF is good about a gorilla?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #17
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Munchkin--TSH is a simple thyroid test. A low or non functioning thyroid can make a person crazy and depressed. Usually the first thing doc's rule out.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #18
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
From the totem thread Munchkin...

Could be worse, you could be a gorilla. WTF is good about a gorilla?

I think gorillas are quite smart Furry and cute.( sometimes)

A salmon has a single mindedness to a task and then it dies. Yep that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Munchkin--TSH is a simple thyroid test. A low or non functioning thyroid can make a person crazy and depressed. Usually the first thing doc's rule out.
This is not very true. Her symptoms seem like they come and go. Like bi polar.
THOSE Crazy and depressed are NOT thyroid symptoms.

It is weight gain or inability to lose weight.
Extreme fatique - Is a constant.
Puffy
White
Low body temp

My determining factor. When I knew something was wrong.
Low body temp allowed allergies to attack my sinuses. No crying or craziness was happening. Go google definitions and symptoms first.

I am now feeling spunk once and awhile. I am still fatigued but I know I am getting better because I blow my nose alot. My sinuses are clearing and allergies aren't bothering me for the first time in years. Who knew how long I was carring a low thyroid. It is a sneaky illness not a mental one. lol Some people are never diagnosed unless a secondary physical problem arises. silly.

Last edited by skysidhe; 06-07-2006 at 10:02 AM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #19
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

My mother in law had some/all (not sure) of her thryroid removed due to cancer a long time ago. She takes Synthroid, a synthetic hormone. When her hormone(s) get out of whack, the family notices before she feels it. She turns into a royal bitch, and her poor husband gets the silent treatment for nothing. She also gets very insecure and jealous of him if he has to work late, take an overnight business trip etc. Thyroid hormones do in fact have secondary mood effects, I've seen it firsthand.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #20
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

sky--I was explaining to munch what a tsh test is. some people were advising her to go to her primary doc to get her thyroid checked out as sometimes a person having symptoms like munch will have an under functioning thyroid. I personally don't know if it's her thyroid--only a blood test will tell--she says she's been checked in the past and it wasn't body-related. I'm saying--deeeep breath--that any psychiatrist worthy of the name would check her thyroid before treating her for depression, that she didn't necessairily HAVE to go to her primary doc for this simple test.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #21
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

My appologies to the both of you. It isn't my experience and it isn't on the symptom list either. The thyroid is the furnace of the body so I can't quite connect the emotional with that unless I am just more of the colder unfeeling bitch than I think I am.I was also physically freezing and having chest pains and those are on the symptom list too. Poor memory because obviously my heart wasn't pumping enough blood to my brain so I got brain fog alot. ( still do) It just takes a conserted effort to have hostile feelings so I didn't think so. I must be wrong.

let's all just take a pinch of salt

I agree any psychiatrist worthy of the name would check her blood levels first. absolutley
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #22
Munchkin
Colloquialist

hehe I hope they test everything. I have a lot of different symptoms all over they place, but many can be attributed to other factors.... but they can test allll they want...and ill be sure to pay attention to what tests are suggested so I can know if theyre 'worth their salt' ...

My explainable symptoms : bitchiness - just my personality

fatigue: in not so great shape and sleep only 5-6 hours a night

weight problems : always been there (had my thyroid checked...not the issue).. just genetics is my assumption... now my activity level is down ..but even before it wasnt I was never at the correct weight for my height...way over it really

........ you called me munch ... ive been shortened.... I feel special ....

who knows though... this is the worst part about possible psychological issues...each symptom can usually be explained by something...or thougth to be explained by something...but who knows what is causing what? .. I hate that.
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote