The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-05-2006, 12:00 AM   #16
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt
Oh and keep the stun gun handy , the fools may deside to be even MORE foolish !!!
That is exactly the same thing my aunt told me last night when I went to the mall. The curser lives only 5 minutes from the mall I hang out at and we may accidentally cross paths. I assured her that I could handle myself very well in that event. The security guards at the mall are my friends as well and they have my back. Plus, I've got a 13,000 volt stunner and pepper spray on my person at all times. It's the only way to feel somewhat safe in the Philippines :p

Last edited by Luisa; 02-05-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

While ignoring her is probably the way to go (oh, and not being affected by the not-curse) ... a mischevious part of me would want to walk near her at some point, hold up an ordinary hand-mirror or compact or something and say "What is sent to me returns to thee times three" or something like that.

Should freak her out, but since her behavior when cornered could be unpredictable and therefore far more dangerous than just some upgraded spell slinging, I do not advise this.

I read too many news stories about people stabbing or shooting folks they think are casting the evil eye upon them.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:23 PM   #18
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Wolf, that would be excellent revenge if Lu gets the opportunity because it sounds formal enough to startle a cowardly and superstitious Filipino.

I have also considered that maybe Marichiko and I could find some Corpse Powder for Luisa to blow in her face. She would probably leave town immediately if she even heard Luisa was considering it
Old 02-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #19
marichiko

Did someone call my name?

I imagine I could spare a little of my corpse powder for a friend of Tonchi's. She'll need the feather of a great horned owl, as well, though.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Corpse powder? A bit costly, both monitarily and spiritually if you get some that was made right. Talcum with a small amount of cayenne (just enough to sting, not enough to cause a lasting effect) mixed in should do.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #21
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Corpse powder? we still have the ashes of our last dog and cat on the shelf under the round coffee table in the bay window of the lounge (don't ask why, please) - maybe I could sneak a bit out for you....
Old 02-06-2006, 12:59 AM   #22
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Thanks, but it has to be the corpse of somebody in your ethnic group to be that impressive to the receiving party. Considering the condition of the family vaults in Manila....hmmmm ... nope, Uncle Eddie is out of the plastic garbage bag and in his own crypt now
Old 02-06-2006, 01:19 AM   #23
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

Hmmm... I wonder if the Crypt Keepers kept anything I could use. Maybe they kept something of Uncle Eddie's when they scrambled for his coffin. What can I do with a lock of hair?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:35 AM   #24
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

You can put it back, sis. Don't tempt YOUR fate
Old 02-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #25
Luisa
I'm a mental nomad

I was just kidding! I know better than to mess with the dead.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #26
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

That reminded me of some the old 'mummy, mummy' jokes that were around when I was a teen (and that's SOME time ago...)

Particularly: 'mummy, mummy, can I play with grandma? ' No dear, you've dug her up 3 times already this week'

or: 'mummy, mummy, can I lick the bowl?' 'No dear, just flush it like everyone else does.' (I know, that's nothing to do with the dead, but it's one that has stuck in the memory for some reason)

Sorry, this is not really anything to do with the thread - handing back to you after that brief diversion, with apologies...