The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 05-30-2006, 02:41 AM   #16
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

True, they aren't bad once drained, but most dolmas (stuffed grape leaves) are better hot, particularly the lamb-stuffed ones. Microwave should do 'er.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #17
Buddug

WintrA

I see that you live in Florida , so you do not really need a hot stew for example .

Why not look at tropical cuisine ? I have a wonderful Tahitian recipe for example . Chop up very fresh fish into cubes , soak in freshly-squeezed lime-juice . Whilst the fish is 'cooking' in the lime-juice , dice carrot , cucumber , spring onion , tomato . Drain off the lime juice , mix the vegetables with the fish , and pour coconut cream over the dish .

This is truly wonderful . Try that in the dorm next time .
Old 06-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #18
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddug
WintrA

I see that you live in Florida , so you do not really need a hot stew for example .

Why not look at tropical cuisine ? I have a wonderful Tahitian recipe for example . Chop up very fresh fish into cubes , soak in freshly-squeezed lime-juice . Whilst the fish is 'cooking' in the lime-juice , dice carrot , cucumber , spring onion , tomato . Drain off the lime juice , mix the vegetables with the fish , and pour coconut cream over the dish .

This is truly wonderful . Try that in the dorm next time .
Wow, does that sound good. Friday's menu, ya, sure, yabetcha!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #19
Buddug

BigV ,
...... and resist the temptation of adding garlic , or ginger , or chili , or coriander ( cilantro you say , I think )

Respect its simple perfection .
Old 06-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Ok.

I must say this, and you're new enough to forgive me I hope, but you sound just like a friend of ours around here. Like, he got hold of some really good medicine and posted all friendly like all day. I'll leave off the name for now, but I can't be the only one to notice the similarities. Anybody else recogize the voice here? Of course, we haven't heard any of your political expressions yet.

While I'm wholly off topic, I would like to offer my warmest welcome to you from this corner of the cellar. I look forward to more of your posts.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #21
Buddug

Quel mystère !