The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 03-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #16
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

you know how you can get toilet paper in individual rolls? wrapped in a paper of sorts? we used to use that for rolling papers for our buglers. the smokes i smoke now, i do still roll my own about half the time, are rolled with flax. good stuff.....
Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
Ibby
erika

I think paper technology may have advanced since y'all's days. They look like rice paper Elements to me. Stuff is seriously see-through.

Quote:
The Original Elements papers produce almost ZERO ash except for a small, thin white line because they used ungummed, thin rice papers.

Pure rice papers are exactly as they are called; pure rice papers. They have no chemicals, no standard pulp and no hemp. Many companies jumped on the hemp bandwagon and relied on the name to catch a buzz on their product. They didn't focus on the quality of their paper. Elements designed a paper from pure rice and then pressed it to make it ultra slow burned and incredibly thin. There is a thin strip of Acacia Gum, providing some of the best rolling papers around.

The newer style Elements are watermarked with their proprietary Criss-Cross imprint that prevents runs and maintains the smoothest burn around. They still feature premiere rice papers that are slow burning and flavorless with a natural Acacia Gum. They allow any smoker to truly enjoy what they are actually smoking. They burn with zero ash, except for the tiny line of residue caused by the Acacia gum turning into caramel as it burns. These are some of the highest quality rolling papers on the market!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Well, whats the blue bit at the thin end then?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #19
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Looks like a crutch made out of something blue.
crutch, roach, filter, whatever.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #20
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I'm so out of touch. I don't know what a crutch is, except when you have a broken leg.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #21
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Ibby, when I was your age the height of smoking fashion was a paper printed with designs of tie-dye or leaf patterns that was made with flavored inks.

I guess with the price of weed these days (I was paying $30-40/ounce) you want a thinner paper.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
Ibby
erika

christ. It's 300/o in burlington, or between 15-20/g
Old 03-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
I'm so out of touch. I don't know what a crutch is, except when you have a broken leg.
I've also found that the lingo is different just between states, too. Like, in Maryland, when you finish a bowl, you say it is "chaff" or "char", whereas in SoCal and at Bennington you say "it's cashed" or "I cashed it." I learned roach as a rolled piece of card or stiff paper used to make a filter, but elsewhere roach refers to the finished product and crutch refers to the filter. My drug slang is sorta pieced together from taiwan, socal, bennington, burlington, new york, boston, and maryland, so...
Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
chrisinhouston
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
You better find a brush, broom and dustpan... or a leaf blower and clear some crap up.
BTW, your spanner wrench is at the top right of the pic under the orange extension cord.

Funny but on the floor to the left is an old Chinese carpet that once resided in my grandparents bedroom and later ended up in my house. It got so worn and frayed that I no longer wanted it in the house but could not bring myself to discard it, I figure it is over 100 years old and made the trip from China to London with my grand parents in 1929 and then on to New York in 1956 and to Texas in 2008. Something classy about having a Chinese carpet in your work shop!
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #25
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Didn't see any of those papers in Amsterdam, but then I was buying pre-rolled.
At the girlie end of the market.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #26
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Filter? Are you kidding me?

In my day, the roach was both the rolled smokable as well as the itty bitty tip left at the finish. A doobie was smokable product in paper. A roach clip was used to hold the roach, could be an alligator clip with a bunch of feathers hanging off it, or something specifically designed for the purpose. I had a lovely roachclip made by Jerry Samuels, aka Napoleon XIV (They're Coming to Take Me Away). I preferred to smoke from bowls or bongs. One hitters or party bowls. Like most of my generation I had a lovely Mexican Onyx bowl. That's lost to the mists of history. I think I still have the roach clip in a box somewhere.

I am unable to dredge up from my memory how we referred to having expended all the smokable product ... kicked, maybe? Guess that shit does cause memory impairment.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 03-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #27
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
christ. It's 300/o in burlington, or between 15-20/g
Yes, I am OLD.

But I am always grateful that I grew up when weed was cheap and cocaine was unobtainably expensive. Around $250 to $300 per gram, if I remember.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #28
Ibby
erika

I usually smoke from pieces, but I actually am pretty partial to metal bowls/stems with plastic chambers, simply for durability's sake. I also prefer hoses to necks, but not hookah-style product-on-top. I also have a handful of one-hitters that look like cigarettes (and a zippo with a false inside chamber that holds about 3/4g), that i have literally smoked standing between a secret service officer and a cop outside the vice-president of taiwan's house. heh. But when I roll, I roll about like those, with either hemp or rice paper (better flavor), and a good sturdy crutch at the end about the size of a cigarette filter, so I have something to hold onto and so I know I'm not wasting any product at the unsmoked end.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #29
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinhouston View Post

Funny but on the floor to the left is an old Chinese carpet
I was wondering about that carpet.

I also notice your vice had little shock absorber sound deadening plastic rings on the handle shaft. I'd never seen that before, and think it's a neat idea. The loud clink when the handle slides down after you turn it is mildly annoying.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #30
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Yes, I am OLD.

But I am always grateful that I grew up when weed was cheap and cocaine was unobtainably expensive. Around $250 to $300 per gram, if I remember.
When I started smoking, regular Mexican was $15/oz, and we rolled in stone tablets.