The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-20-2004, 06:26 PM   #16
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I'm sure you did something beyond standing up...you HAD to.
Sorry, but no. I didn't even know how to be bad then. You WILL NOT STAND UP ON THE SCHOOLBUS I did understand. The kid next to me gave me a piece of trash, I sort of leaned over and threw it towards the back at a cardboard box....

And for what it's worth, I didn't really stand up, sorta half twisted and tossed, also I wasn't actually seen half standing, a girl next to me went up and tattled.

So I sort of stood, didn't get caught, got busted anyway, and paid the time. It didn't make me bitter (I was 8), but got a real good lesson about fairness.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:24 PM   #17
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

In junior high I got sent to the principal's office for calling a girl a cow.

Not because "cow" is so offensive (and actually I did it in a much more nerdy way, insinuating that her genetics were half bovine or something), but because I found out later that her parents had complained to the school that she was getting targeted by hurtful students. Which was funny, since everyone knew SHE was a bully.

But I digress. Thing is, I was in the student council at the time, and was therefore in the principal's office all the time on official business, so they assumed that's what I was there for this time too. They had me run a few errands and sent me back to class. That was the only referral I ever got.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:29 PM   #18
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Yeah, I was teachers/admin's pet, until I nearly killed that girl that just wouldn't leave me alone. (I forget where I told that story at or I'd link it....)

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:32 PM   #19
perth
Strong Silent Type

I took my kid to see Shrek 2 tonight. And we ate at Chick-fil-a.
perth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 03:24 AM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That sounds like a good time, Perth. I don't think we have chick-fil-as around here anymore.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:16 AM   #21
glatt

Perth, how was Shrek 2?

I've seen reviews that say it sucks, and reviews that say it's better than the original, which I thought was pretty good.

What was your take?

Worth a rental?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:30 AM   #22
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I eat at Chick-Fil-A on occasion--there's one in the food court over at Liberty Place.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:53 AM   #23
perth
Strong Silent Type

I liked it better than the first. The plot was flimsy and really just there to provide a base for the jokes, but I expected that. The animation was great and the jokes were riotous. So as long as you don't expect "fine cinema" you'll probably enjoy it.

Chick-fil-a rocks, but this was the first time Jamey's "kid's meal" contained anything that wasn't bible-related. Which was nice.

We had a helluva great time last night.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:57 AM   #24
blue
Operations Operative

Quote:
Chick-fil-a rocks, but this was the first time Jamey's "kid's meal" contained anything that wasn't bible-related.
What exactly is a Chick-fil-a??
Old 05-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #25
glatt

Fast food joint. Has fried crispy chicken breast patties. And other chicken stuff. Not anywhere near as greasy as KFC. They are really yummy, but the sandwiches are a little bland, in my opinion.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:38 AM   #26
elSicomoro

I agree...nothing a little mayo can't fix though.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #27
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Yeah, I was teachers/admin's pet, until I nearly killed that girl that just wouldn't leave me alone
Heh. I had a similar experience. Bitch had bullied me ( including the whole turn all the other girls against me and the boys'll follow trick) for about 2 and a half years. She came over to where me and my best friend were sitting ( another outcast i had by this time hooked up with) in the art block....and started in on the usual crap. I have no idea what happened in my head but I finally snapped and pasted her in the middle of our art class. The art teacher tried to break us up and I was told ( though dont remember doing it) that I belted her one when she tried
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:08 AM   #28
elSicomoro

Normally, I take SEPTA's R7 train to work. But yesterday, due to my hours and the train schedule, I took the R3. And it was a rather nice ride...more pleasant and scenic than the R7. It's not something I would do on a regular though--you have to pay for parking at the R3 station I drove to, and it takes 15 minutes to drive over there. Parking is free at the R7 station I go to, and it takes 5 minutes to drive over there.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:31 AM   #29
glatt

I was trying to figure out how to get from Scranton to D.C. on public transportation once. Seemed simple. Take a bus from Scranton to Philly, then get on a train to D.C.

The hard part was trying to figure out how to get from the bus station in Philly to the train station in Philly. I could find them both on a map, and see that they were both in the same area. But a little longer than you would want to walk with luggage. There was some sort of light rail or subway that connected them, but it took much longer than needed to figure out that system.

I've used public transportaion all over the world, but the system in Philly was not clear to an outsider. Your SEPTA R7/R3 story reminds me of that.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:36 AM   #30
perth
Strong Silent Type

When I visited London, I ended up using expensive cabs because I couldn't figure out the public transportation system to save my life. We took a train from London to Stratford-on-Avon, which was a lot of fun, but it was all arranged by our travel agent.