The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 01-30-2005, 05:11 PM   #16
Jacquelita
Don't pop a vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquelita
Stacey, I think UT may just be taunting you to get a reaction

After further discussion with UT, I rescind my previous statement
Jacquelita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:21 PM   #17
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

J didn't notice that Stace had deleted her first comment wherein Stace noted that she wrote a note in black marker on the bottom of her toilet seat to get Arsen to put the seat down.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:41 PM   #18
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

So shouldn't Arsen now write a little note on the top of the seat reminding Stacey to leave it up when she's done?

I think the foundation of the "up/down" argument comes from the notion that women have no choice but to sit during urination, whereas men usually stand. This means that men sit only approximately half as much as women, who sit 100% of the time (except during hovering while using public restrooms, where the facilities are segregated and therefore not an up/down issue), therefore, the seat should be left down because women do not ever need it to be up.

Is that about right, ladies?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #19
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
J didn't notice that Stace had deleted her first comment wherein Stace noted that she wrote a note in black marker on the bottom of her toilet seat to get Arsen to put the seat down.
Simple solution: Get an off-white (or more colorful) toilet seat.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #20
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Els,

It's not an issue of fairness over who sits more--it legitimately has to do with falling in. Many women don't look before they sit. If the seat is up, it makes for a very unpleasant experience. Even if you take the opposite scenario to its illogical conclusion, if a man starts peeing before he sees whether the seat is up, worst thing that happens is the seat gets a few drops of piss on it. And the guy probably isn't even fazed by that outcome.

Personally, my husband's neurotic about the LID having to always be down, so the seat isn't an issue in my house.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:28 PM   #21
Brett's Honey
whatever

I think the toilet seat issue can be made easier - Put the LID down. That way, nobody falls in, everybody has to put the seat down (before the lid), the dog or cat does not drink out of it,.....and I saw something one saying that when you flush, toliet water can actually spray a fine mist of toilet water particles around in the air and onto the sink, toothbrushes, etc..... . A solution possibly?
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:40 PM   #22
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett's Honey
...when you flush, toliet water can actually spray a fine mist of toilet water particles around in the air and onto the sink, toothbrushes, etc....
Uh Oh, a newbie has unwittingly opened the Pandora's box that is the poop molecule. Flee for your lives.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:41 PM   #23
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Juju, where are you?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:05 PM   #24
Brett's Honey
whatever

Oops...please focus on the "lid down" issue....
Old 01-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #25
Brett's Honey
whatever

And stacyv.......
Regarding your first post - I fell your pain. I have been struggling for almost three years now with my "new" husband and thirteen year old step-daughter with issues like your "wet towel flung on the living room furniture. I don't want to constanly pick up after them but if I didn't, the house would be a pig sty. Fortunately, my son doesn't walk around making messes, and he does help me out, but that just seems to cause problems that we don't normally have around here, trying to blend these two "half families" into one.
I'm not asking anyone to do any major cleaning - just pick up after yourself. I feel like I'm asking for so little, but a little that means a lot to me. Is it too much to ask?! How DO you get people to pick up after themselves??!!
Old 01-30-2005, 09:44 PM   #26
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
How DO you get people to pick up after themselves??!!
You train them as children.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:03 PM   #27
Jacquelita
Don't pop a vein

Quote:
How DO you get people to pick up after themselves??!!
There's no doubt about it - trying to "blend families" can be very difficult and test even the strongest of relationships. The fact is when you marry or join lives with another you're committing to a group dynamic that is exponentially more complex.

Ultimately, you can't make others change "bad" habits. Granted, there's a certain level of compromise that committing partners may willingly make with each other, but if your man is naturally messy and has passed on these qualities to his daughter, then the chances are slim that this will change dramatically.

I think you have to accept others for who they are (especially those most important in your life). Cherish what is wonderful about them and forgive them their "faults". We all have things about us which others may find frustrating, strange or difficult to deal with.

I guess the trick is knowing your partner well enough to understand if there is truly a "deal breaker" before you make the long term committment.

Last edited by Jacquelita; 01-30-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Jacquelita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:22 PM   #28
404Error
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I have often wondered why the toilet seat thing is even an issue ... If I leave it down, he needs to put it up. If he puts it up, I need to put it down. Sounds like an adequate division of responsibilities to me ...
Well said, Wolf. I believe that is the most logical and sensible comment I've read on the whole lid up/down issue.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:24 PM   #29
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I have often wondered why the toilet seat thing is even an issue ... If I leave it down, he needs to put it up. If he puts it up, I need to put it down. Sounds like an adequate division of responsibilities to me ...
That is so profound - really! I've never thought of it that way.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:47 AM   #30
jaguar
whig

You really do love cock don't you lj.

Clod, how frigging hard is it to look?! Seriously, all it takes is the most cursary of glances! Unless you walk backwards into the bathroom or something I can't understand how you can't look....