The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 08-23-2006, 10:03 PM   #316
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

I've never met a conspiracy theory that wasn't cut to shreds by Occam's Razor.

I believe the Swifties, for I have not heard they have been refuted on any point of fact. And nobody remembers processing Kerry's Purple Heart citations, either.

Dana, just where do you come off sneering and smartassing? Have you ever lived in a totalitarian society, sister? I have. I didn't like it, and count myself fortunate that I had the option to quit. The lesson it taught me was that while there are places for totalitarian organizations within a society -- armies, whose totalitarian organization permits them to function even when heavily damaged -- that it is absolutely no way to organize a nation that's worth living in.

Too many people around here have never even tried to discover this for themselves. The least you could bloody do is reread 1984.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 08-23-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:12 PM   #317
headsplice
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerilla
I believe the Swifties, for I have not heard they have been refuted on any point of fact. And nobody remembers processing Kerry's Purple Heart citations, either.
Well, here ya go
Old 08-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #318
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

In two posts in this thread, and one post in another thread, tw suggests that Israel bombs Red Cross ambulances.

In #276 he said
Quote:
Instead Israel declared anyone in Lebanon as Hezbollah and attack everyone in Lebanon - including intentional attacks on well marked Red Cross ambulances. Not just Red Crescent. Israel also routinely attacks well marked Red Crosses.
Well marked, he says twice. That suggests that he saw this widely-circulated picture, which the IDF missile hit right smack in the middle of the cross:

Unforgettable, no?

Guess what.

http://www.zombietime.com/fraud/ambulance/

Quote:
The Red Cross Ambulance Incident was perhaps the most damning of all the evidence against Israel, and the most morally indefensible. Other incidents were open to debate: in those cases where Israel bombed buildings that turned out to have civilians inside, Israel claimed either that it didn't know the building was occupied, or that it was trying to hit a Hezbollah stronghold elsewhere in the same building; or that the strike was a mistake, an errant missile. But targeting clearly marked ambulances, and hitting them directly -- there's no possible excuse for that. So this specific incident contributed to the outrage over the war, eventually causing Israel to stand down.

Which makes it all the more shocking to learn that the attack on the ambulances most likely never occurred, and that the "evidence" supporting the claim is in fact a hoax.
Read the original article and you will not doubt what they say.

Once again the entire thing is a setup.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #319
glatt

I love the internet. Good find UT.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:19 AM   #320
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

As they said, all the death were actors and the destroyed buildings probably had gas leaks. UT, could you pls find any blog to prove that?

Also these cluster bombs stories are a hoax, they're just tennis balls for the kids to play with.

Actually these Hezbollywood stories reminds me of all the holocaust denial websites.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:38 AM   #321
Ibby
erika

The difference?

Hezbollah (and associated anti-israel groups), as a terrorist organization, has the goal, not of killing every enemy, but of pressuring the enemy into surrendering... or tricking/persuading every neutral party into pressuring the enemy into surrender.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:44 AM   #322
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Actually these Hezbollywood stories reminds me of all the holocaust denial websites.
The ones you started, or just the ones you regularly visit?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:24 AM   #323
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You don't suppose Karl Rove has flipped do you? He's been pretty low profile lately and this Islamic spin machine resembles his work.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:08 AM   #324
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
The ones you started, or just the ones you regularly visit?
Innuendo is not an answer to my questions UT. Denial is denial. The pattern is obvious. I'm looking forward to your blogsites refuting the Lebanon destruction.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:41 AM   #325
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippikos
Innuendo is not an answer to my questions UT. Denial is denial. The pattern is obvious. I'm looking forward to your blogsites refuting the Lebanon destruction.
You're completely right, denial is denial. The thing is, nobody's denying that lebanon's getting (was getting) pummelled. People ARE exposing hisballah's fake pictures and staged photo ops. The fact that hisballah is faking and staging DOES detract from the enormity of the destruction, because since so many fakes have been exposed, people are starting to view all photos from the conflict suspiciously. Yes, shit is (was) happening. But that doesn't mean hisballah isn't faking and staging pictures. The task is to seperate the fakes from the reality.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #326
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram
You're completely right, denial is denial. The thing is, nobody's denying that lebanon's getting (was getting) pummelled. People ARE exposing hisballah's fake pictures and staged photo ops. The fact that hisballah is faking and staging DOES detract from the enormity of the destruction, because since so many fakes have been exposed, people are starting to view all photos from the conflict suspiciously. Yes, shit is (was) happening. But that doesn't mean hisballah isn't faking and staging pictures. The task is to seperate the fakes from the reality.
I would add that the shit that was happening to Lebanon was entirely because Hezbollah was hiding behind women and children in residential neighborhoods. That proves they are cowards.

The faked photos prove they are liars.

I'm not a fan of Israel's disproportionate response to having two men captured, but Hezbollah is far worse than Israel.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:01 AM   #327
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Fox News' Brit Hume mentioned that Fox found the hole in the middle of the cross to have been previously occupied by a roof vent.

And ol' tw got caught with his anti-Semite pants down, did he? Glee. One is shocked, shocked.

Headsplice: it's an okay recounting of the Left's anti-Swiftie propaganda effort, but something is conspicuous by its absence: any indication that anybody besides John Kerry processed those Purple Heart Citations. Vapor-cites, no? Glossed over, at any rate. It's not going to persuade those skeptical of Kerry, and really suffices only for people who spell "Republican" as D-E-V-I-L.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 08-25-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #328
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
but something is conspicuous by its absence: any indication that anybody besides John Kerry processed those Purple Heart Citations.
That's because that has never been in question. It's not worth refuting something that was never even raised.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #329
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
I would add that the shit that was happening to Lebanon was entirely because Hezbollah was hiding behind women and children in residential neighborhoods. That proves they are cowards.
They are just "Family Oriented".
Old 08-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #330
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
Fox News' Brit Hume mentioned that Fox found the hole in the middle of the cross to have been previously occupied by a roof vent.
We now know that UG does not rewrite history when it is convenient. Apparently someone else does it for him.

Meanwhile, Red Cross and Red Crescent workers who were shot at by Israeli planes are also lying? That is UT's bottom line. Israelis wearing white yarmulke would not do that. Therefore UT searched extensively for counterfeit pictures - always counterfeited by evil Arabs.

Next question is whether cluster bombs were used on civilian populations in hundreds of locations – or will we have another Valerie Plame incident where honest investigators instead are accused. BTW, this is how McCarthyism started - where honest people are attacked by extremists. Where many citizens blindly look for proof of their opinons rather than learn realities. A Nixonian crime spun into innocence and the majority of Americans back then denied it repeatedly. Amazing. George Jr can even promote torture and no one cares. This is how great powers become pariah. Step by step the government becomes more like UG – history routinely rewritten when convenient.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote