The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 07-20-2007, 03:29 PM   #31
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Since I'm such a bad poster here
equals: sorry I'm such a bad poster, BUT...(watch the PA, dearie.)
Quote:
This place does not ruin my day at work if an angry women calls me a fucking moron
Unfortunately, I am only ONE woman. Many a man has wished for multiple copies so there is more to go around. Anyway, what does my gender have to do with anything? Are you sexist. Is it OK to be sexist or racist when it suits you?

Quote:
Some black people feel dog fighting is fine. Why? Because that is their culture, raised around rotts and pits for protection in the inner city; opposite from other peoples. Does that make them all inhumane animal torturers?
It makes those who feel dog fighting is fine inhumane animal torturers. Quit putting race into this, when you know it is irrelevant.

Quote:
That's for you to decide I guess, since I'm obviously not allowed to make any statements around here.
= just more Passive-Aggressive debate tactics. You should run for office.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #32
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Unfortunately, I am only ONE woman. Many a man has wished for multiple copies so there is more to go around. Anyway, what does my gender have to do with anything? Are you sexist. Is it OK to be sexist or racist when it suits you?

It makes those who feel dog fighting is fine inhumane animal torturers. Quit putting race into this, when you know it is irrelevant.
I never mentioned your sex having anything to do with it. I called you out as being an angry woman. Disagree?

Race is a big thing in this, have you been watching the issue on TV? I hate it when people judge things way before they know anything about it.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #33
Flint
Snowflake

:::reads through this thread for the first time:::

Wow! ... that's what I get for ignoring the Sports forum ...
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #34
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
Race is a big thing in this, have you been watching the issue on TV? I hate it when people judge things way before they know anything about it.
Why should anyone have to research what others think about an issue before they chime in with their own opinion?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #35
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Race is a big issue in this because people have brought it in. It has no place there.
The basics of it are this: He is being investigated due to the reasonable suspicion that he has been involved with underground dog fighting, which last time I checked is illegal in the United States.

Period.

The civil penalties ride with the court's decision. This being fines, community service, possible jail time even. His penalties in regards to his profession as a pro football player for the NFL are determined by the league, to whom he answers. If they have rules and regulations determining players' behavior off the field, then he ought to have abided by them. If he thinks that certain actions do not fall under such jurisdiction, then he needs to take that up with the league and get rules changed. Whatever the league rules say about off field behavior stands regardless, and he is bound by them by being a pro football player in the NFL.

By being a signed member of an organization such as the NFL, you are bound by their rules and regulations. If you don't like it, get the rules changed or don't be a member.

End.

Of.

Story.

Culture, race, minority have nothing to do with this case. And yes fresh I know what it is like to be a minority even though am white. To say that no white person can comment on what it's like to be a minority is ignorant, sorry. Being a minority is dependent upon your surroundings. I was a minority when I was working in Panama, and yes I did get treated suspiciously and with prejudice by the some of the native Panamanian people I met at random. They counted my money to make sure I didn't short change them, cut me in line, ignored me ought right a few times, and had that "look" on their faces when they looked at me. *Disclaimer* Panama is a wonderful place, do not hesitate to go there if given the opportunity. The culture is nothing like the United States and you feel more than welcomed by 90% of the people you meet.

Last edited by Bullitt; 07-20-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #36
Flint
Snowflake

Fuck cultural differences. I suppose I'm a white-ass racist whitey for saying this, but: FUCK YOU and FUCK your "cultural differences" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
Even if there is a cultural difference there guess what.. you're a citizen of the United States and enjoy all the privilege that comes with that. So in turn, you are bound to the laws of this country whether you like it or not. Don't like the law? Do something about it to get it changed or GTFO.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #37
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf
torturing an animal for pleasure - cocks, dogs, pigs, cows, birds, WHATEVER - is sociopathic behavior.
pleeeeeze don't torture my cock.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #38
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
I never mentioned your sex having anything to do with it. I called you out as being an angry woman. Disagree?
I don't - and she has every right to be just like several others here. Funny you attacked the one woman who spoke out against you and no one else. (Pussy)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic
Racism itself IS an issue, but this thread is NOT about that - its about animal cruelty and the repercussions of participating in it.

You may try to twist it into being about race cuz thats a big thing, as I'm sure it is on tv - lemme tell you why - RACE SELLS They are marketing racism to ignorant, uninformed, apathetic dickheads and you keep sucking it up every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic
I hate it when people judge things way before they know anything about it.
Look who the fuck is talking - Are you serious or just seriously deranged?? Never mind - I know - - - -BOTH.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #39
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Everyone who has previously posted holds a cultural bias. Well duh, so do I. But many African Americans don't feel the same way about animals. The debate said many football players said "Man, it's just some dogs, man." That's how I believe too, it's just some dogs.
You're not concerned about the difference between right and wrong, simply what is acceptable in a cultural setting? Okay, fine. You wanna do that across the board? In any era, in any culture, let's even go so far as to say things that are technically legal.

Let's start with a recent example, from American history. Hmmm... things that were legal to do, and that some people saw nothing wrong with, but caused horrible suffering for others. Can you think of anything?

As long as any cultural subset believes that an activity is okay to do, then the activity is excusable? It becomes a non-issue? The ones who disagree simply lack the proper cultural perspective? Man, are you sure about that?

Old 07-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #40
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Vick is screwed, he will not be allowed back into the NFL. He has been called out by enough people and I don't think the feds are going to lose in court.

Everyone can say how race isn't an issue but as long as Vick is black, it will be an issue. Since this is action that mostly inner city blacks perform, there is no way of telling of what would happen if Vick was white with the same charges so assuming there is or is not a race issue is about as efficient as proving the supernatural.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #41
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Vick is screwed, he will not be allowed back into the NFL. He has been called out by enough people and I don't think the feds are going to lose in court.

Everyone can say how race isn't an issue but as long as Vick is black, it will be an issue. Since this is action that mostly inner city blacks perform, there is no way of telling of what would happen if Vick was white with the same charges so assuming there is or is not a race issue is about as efficient as proving the supernatural.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #42
freshnesschronic
Professor

Save Michael Vick.
I guess I'll say what some white people, some black people, some every kind of person might say: "They're just some dogs."

Go ahead argue the legal stuff, but it's not like you (huge generality don't get so damn specific little bitches) don't speed on the road everyday, steal bras from Wal Mart, smoke weed, steal cable, drink and drive or jaywalk occasionally. Michael Vick has a clean record and what I intially said was he should not be banned for what he allegedly did.

I greet haters. This video will tell you why.

Keep on hatin'.

P.S. I never attacked Shawnee. She attacked me. I was countering the bad vibes Vick was getting on the previous posts. Scroll back and read before everyone assumes I attacked her.

Last edited by freshnesschronic; 07-20-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Shawnee attack
Old 07-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #43
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

I won't deny that I speed everyday on the road. I haven't gotten caught. But if I did I would have to pay the penalty fair and square just like anybody else, no matter my criminal record.
He's in the process of getting caught and should pay the penalty according to the law and whatever rules apply within the NFL. Simple as that.

I thought you were Asian fresh? Not a "nigga that's gettin hated on".
Old 07-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #44
freshnesschronic
Professor

Bullitt yes I'm Asian....and? Your point? I'm gettin' hated on, and I embrace it. So that clip only applies to black people? No, it applies to everyone. And hating is what keeps me in my place. Katt Williams tells it how it is. yesman especially is a new hater of me and I've never said a word of slander back to him. Keep on puttin' me down and I keep on getting back up.

Bullitt you have no haters? I'm sure you do (no offense) but they are good for you.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #45
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Fuck cultural differences. I suppose I'm a white-ass racist whitey for saying this, but: FUCK YOU and FUCK your "cultural differences" ...
Ah, a true gentleman. This is the kind of person that I would like to see less of in our melting pot country.