The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #31
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakdivers
Welcome bbro! Watch out for xobruce - he asks for lotsa favors.

just kiddin.....

Don't forget, I have been lurking for some time....I know about bruce.....that little blushing face doesn't fool me.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:14 AM   #32
Pie
Gone and done

Hey UT -- do we have some sort of graph of number of newbies (with say, more than 3 posts) as a function of when they registered?
We certainly seem to be getting more of them recently. Thankfully, most seem to be decent additions to the community.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #33
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That's too complex of a function -- all I have are number of new user registrations, which is way up since foam week. But I don't put much faith in the number because so many of them are spammers anyway.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #34
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe
hello and hi to everyone.

it's hard to keep track of everyone. I wish there was an official cellar welcome mat or some kind of regular place for everyone to be greeted. I am sure I've missed some. There's newbies spilling all over the place :P
If they enter without fanfare and blend in, they belong here. They already know it.

Also, a lot of our "newbies" aren't entirely newbies. They're lurkers that have been found something important enough to post about.

I know someone who has been reading for as long as I've been a member here, and he still hasn't posted a single word. Is he part of the community? Yes. Do I wish he would post? Absolutely, because he has a lot of interesting things to say.

I am pleased by the influx, incidentally.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #35
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
If they enter without fanfare and blend in, they belong here. They already know it.
Should I not have made this post? I didn't feel right just kind of joining into the threads.
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #36
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro
Should I not have made this post? I didn't feel right just kind of joining into the threads.
Your post(s) was/are fine. Everyone is different and comes to the playground in their own way. Welcome.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #37
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro
I'm glad you made the post.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #38
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Eh, welcome to the Cellar. I haven't been here very long either...but I figure, for the most part I'll make myself at home. If I get out of line somewhere, someone will put me in my place, right? Maybe not. I don't do a whole lot of posting, mostly because I'm not as witty as the rest of the people show themselves to be...but I do enjoy many, many laughs every time I log on. Don't be shy...there's really no reason. Again, welcom.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #39
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyVixen
I don't do a whole lot of posting, mostly because I'm not as witty as the rest of the people show themselves to be...but I do enjoy many, many laughs every time I log on.
You don't have to be witty. Besides, snarky one liners are no good without a straight man as a target.

The Cellar needs straight men too.

(See how I set myself up for a joke about gender/homosexuality there at the end? Straight man.)
Old 06-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #40
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
So what if you feel like you blend in, and lend what you think are interesting comments, and everyone ignores you? Shall I chalk this up to paranoia, or am I just not nearly as fun as I think?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #41
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
So what if you feel like you blend in, and lend what you think are interesting comments, and everyone ignores you? Shall I chalk this up to paranoia, or am I just not nearly as fun as I think?
I get ignored all the time. Or, made fun of. *shrug* I've gotten lots of support too. It's usually a crap shoot, but no reason to stop posting. Hang in there, fellow Ohioan!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:31 PM   #42
glatt

Everyone is ignored at some point. Don't take it personally. Quite often what happens is a post is read, and there is nothing really to comment on. Doesn't mean it's being ignored, just not responded to.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:34 PM   #43
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Thanks!

However, I thought my thoughts on employment testing were pretty good.

PS: I am paranoid...I could just SEE you all mailing each other "check out the weirdo, what a dolt, sheesh" etc and so on.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #44
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
The Cellar needs straight men too.
It's ok glatt. What is posted in the cellar.....stays in the cellar.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #45
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123
Thanks!

However, I thought my thoughts on employment testing were pretty good.
When you made a post that is the definitive last word, there's nothing left to say.

Quote:
PS: I am paranoid...I could just SEE you all mailing each other "check out the weirdo, what a dolt, sheesh" etc and so on.
I don't think that happens, even among the Philly locals (at least they're not letting me in on it), but why bother when we can come on the board and razz ya.