The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #31
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Well, Deuce, just keep your head and move forward. You can file your own papers, if need be (find your own lawyer). Don't be intimidated by all the lawyer-speak you just got.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #32
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I"m sorry I can't help you with legal advice mate. Do you have a lawyer? Have you spoken to him/her yet? If not, that'd be the first call I'd be making if I were you.

From what I know, if you stay there in violation of a restraining order, even a temporary one, you could end up in the slammer.
Oh yes.

The BOLD ALL CAPS HEADLINES talk about knowingly violating a restraining order as a CRIMINAL OFFENSE. Yikes.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #33
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Isn't that what happens over there Big? I know it's what happens here.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #34
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

I just went through a messy divorce and if there is anything I can do to help you - please pm me.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #35
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

There can be an appeal to a restraining order - she has to have grounds and they must be proven first.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #36
Aliantha

Fair enough. That's why I wondered if he'd spoken to his lawyer yet. So that he could avoid any unfavourable events.

I did have a disclaimer...
Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #37
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm sorry to hear that, Deuce. Like others have said, definitely talk to a lawyer before moving out. Moving out is a huge step towards getting shafted, in both the property division as well as the custody arrangement. If you "willingly" "leave" your son "with her" now, you will have a harder time being treated as an equal parent in the custody arrangements. Keep on keepin' on, and don't hesitate to come here to vent.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #38
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Deuce - you are NOT ALONE - there are many here who have gone through what you are now dealing with. I am just one of at least several that I know of. It is much harder to deal with because we are men and the system was specifically designed to protect and favor women. It sux, but its true. Nevertheless, you can overcome it. You have the strength within you - I know it - it is a fact.
There are many here who care and will offer their valuable insight and experience to you -
DO NOT leave this tool in the box either - USE IT.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #39
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

*sigh*

going home now.

See you all tomorrow.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:24 AM   #40
Aliantha

We'll be looking forward to it Deuce. Take it easy matey.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #41
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

I have had a most unhappy education in the past 16 hours.

Lawyers are expensive, thousands of dollars. But, hey, if you're having a heart attack, do you ask for competitive quotes from three or more surgeons? Do you take the low bid? At the same time, money counts. Money is stored choices and I have a limited store. I must spend them wisely. I am willing to spend it/them, as long as I'm getting closer to my goal.

Restraining orders have nothing to do with the concept of innocent until proven guilty. They are immediately effective, with the force of law, and with the penalty of jail. Talk about reducing my choices/options. Jail is *bad*, m'kay? Good. Moving on.

This fella, Pro Se, I may hire him too, with $$$/hour consults as needed. Or, maybe I won't be stupid. Too early to tell. Right now, I'm not feeling so smart.

Everybody says it will be ok in the end, that it's all for the better, etc, etc. :hurl: Right or otherwise, I'm not digging that medicine. And I'm as pollyanna as they come.

I am not in a position of strength.

I have some friends. I am able to act. That's not nothing.

I am being slandered. I have not been able to make the transition from husband and wife to husband and adversary. I see it. I've said it. But it's like a phonetic parroting of some sentence in a foreign language. I don't *know* it. I fear I will before long, perhaps too late. I am constrained by ... grief love fear ignorance habit from acting Con Brio on my own behalf. Reeeeaaaaallly need to get cracking on that one.

My boss is a jewel. Only her lawyer recommendation answered the phone. Has given me a pass from my work duties to take care of business. And she has shown me great compassion. That is a great blessing.

My daughter... she has been calm and wise and supportive and present. Words fail me, utterly, to convey my gratitude, my pride, and my love for her. Thank God she says she understands, despite my inability to articulate the depth and breadth of my feelings.

I have y'all to listen (shut up, I can pretend you're listening if I want to) to me clarify my thoughts. I have always had success in processing complex information by repeating it, by telling it, and you're all a captive audience. *Perfect*. Seriously, I also know that there are some of you that genuinely care. And that gets me crying again. I thank you, my friends. Thank you very much.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #42
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

We're always here for you, Deuce. Nobody should have to face what you do, but I hope it does ease your troubles just a little to know we think about you and want the best for you. Hold on and let help come from any source available.
Uisge Beatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #43
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

How does one find an attorney? The local lawyer referral line hung up on me!

Gremlins? I'll try again....
Old 08-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #44
Deuce
Pesky Pugalist [sp]

Twice in a row now. wtf.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #45
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Noo...call everyone in the phone book until you get the right price. Leave messages they all screen their calls. Or you will butt up against their receptionist and nothing will put you in a worse mood. Leave messages.
I don't know ya but I am sad for you, especially if it was you who went to jail.

Insult on top of injury.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote