The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #31
busterb
NSABFD

I bought Wranglers other day. 1st in years.I have maybe 8 pair, but too small. IF I can lose 2 more inches, I'll have plenty of jeans. HA.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:53 AM   #32
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Don't throw away the old ones, they might be valuable some day.
Quote:
The first time I dug up some vintage denim, I had no idea what it was worth. It just looked like some old rags, so instead of carefully uncovering it, I pulled on it and tore it to pieces. I’d actually been digging for antique whisky bottles, and what I didn’t know then was that those “rags” were likely worth thousands.

put a few of the denim items I’d dug up on eBay. A Japanese collector contacted me and came all the way out here to look at my collection in person. I sold him a jacket for $1,000. At the time, it seemed a good deal, but he told me not to talk to other people or tell them what I was doing; I realise now that he didn’t want me to find out how much these things were worth. I talked to other dealers and collectors, and found out he was selling the pieces back to Levi’s for its archives – he’d sell them a pair of jeans for upwards of $100,000.
link
Old 10-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #33
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Don't throw away the old ones, cut out the back pockets, and make a jean pocket quilt.

Name:  jeanpocketquilt.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  73.5 KB

I've wanted one of these for a long time.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:08 PM   #34
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

you've got free time, and I bet there's a goodwill close enough to scooter to..... get crackin, honkey!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #35
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

But, I gots no skillz.

Nor inclination.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #36
monster
I hear them call the tide

Cellar Fundraiser: how many jean pocket quilts will secret santa send grav? pay a fee, take guess, winner gets 50% of the pot..... ??
Old 10-06-2015, 09:49 AM   #37
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Someone seems to be volunteering to be Secret Santa

(I SO can't - it freaked me out when I was relatively stable... it would pretty much kill me off these days)
Old 10-06-2015, 02:08 PM   #38
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Cellar Fundraiser: how many jean pocket quilts will secret santa send grav? pay a fee, take guess, winner gets 50% of the pot..... ??
Ima pre-guess 'zero'...And I ain't giving nobody half m'weed.