The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 08-23-2005, 05:34 PM   #46
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
...clip--i got fed up with a woman from new york sitting next to me and i calmly looked at her and said "die bitch, please, just die" and i wasn't kidding. seeing as how she sounded like Fran Drescher and wouldn't shut up, was that an angry request...--clipped--
If she really sounded like Fran Drescher, then somebody has to die. It's really not that important who, her or me. It's gonna happen.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #47
marichiko

Yeah, Lookout, well anyone can detect that French accent in your typing a mile away, you capitalist oppressor of the downtrodden, you! Go slink off behind your gated community and tip a few people in wheelchairs. That should cheer you up!
Old 08-23-2005, 05:36 PM   #48
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
Ahh! And you'd think I, off all people would know that. :smirk:
Perhaps you're more familiar with the term "dark room"?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:41 AM   #49
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

mrnoodle, when do you go to trial? my g/f is locked up until november for dui. in fact i took her to court tuesday and sat with her until it was time to start serving. i'm going to go see her tonight after i drop off my son to the ex. we've been inseperable since the day we met and now i have to wait 84~87 days to feel her touch. also, have your lawyer reschedule your ALR hearing. if you can wing it, have that trial before your dui trial and in the same week. texas is a pretty bad state to get dui in as well and i know i already pm'd you on this but my ALR was on a monday and the DA didn't want my lawyer to be able to talk to the arresting officer so they didn't show and the prosicution moved to dismiss. then on wednesday i showed up for my trial as well as the arresting officer. something happened and it was rescheduled for the next day. i got lucky. the cop had night shift and slept through his summons so i was found not guilty. luck works in mysterious ways.

why is everyone so angry? - well everyone has pretty much covered the bases here, stress, asshats, anger mongers that want to argue. myself i just keep it to myself usually. what good is it going to do [shrug/]? mrnoodle and i have pretty much had the same "luck" over the last few years it sounds like and i'll say this: what doesn't put you down only makes you stronger. well, that and learning how to say "i don't give a fuck" helps too on some matters.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #50
mrnoodle
bent

I'll let you know what happens...haven't gotten any word yet, and my lawyer had a death in the family over the weekend, so it'll be awhile before I learn court dates, etc.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:42 PM   #51
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx
why is everyone so angry? - well everyone has pretty much covered the bases here, stress, asshats, anger mongers that want to argue.
Did you forget to include the major magnetic storm the earth has just come out of? It ended about 7 PM on the 24th.

Then, of course, there was that full moon last week.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:41 AM   #52
wolf
lobber of scimitars

And the Mars thing coming up this weekend (no, not the spectacular one from a couple years ago in the error-ridden email that's going around, but still a closer pass than usual)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:02 AM   #53
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Everyday we hear and experience more and more about stuff we have little or no control over. Like the hippos. Sad situation and none of us can do anything about it. Iraq war? Same thing more or less. Pulled over by cops? Helplessness in mass quantity breeds discontent and anger.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:44 AM   #54
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I also think it's the sense that we have lost control over our own political process. In a Republic we are supposed to be able to pick the people who control our tax money and laws. Thanks to apathy, gerrymandering, and special interests, we seem to have fewer choices and politicians who feel less answerable to us.

We know the system is breaking, but not how to fix it.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:53 PM   #55
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Radar is working on that for us.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #56
gonzo_4_life15
im just a hard working patriotic north american like urself

people are crackign under the kingdom of fear, everyone is a psycologist and can see other peoples subcontious but not their own, yesterday an old white guy who looked like my granpa called me a terrorist because i was wearing baggy pants and almost bumped into some guy by accident cause i was stoned, i think people get off on trying to be smarter then the people they think hate them by using some james jones gonzo speech wich satisfys their animal sense of power.
gonzo_4_life15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #57
seakdivers
Icy Queen

errrrmmm.......

eeeep.
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:50 PM   #58
kerosene
Touring the facilities

this thread is starting to hurt me.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:54 AM   #59
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Mercury is going retrograde this weekend ... that won't help matters at all.

But it's a nice excuse.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:52 AM   #60
gonzo_4_life15
im just a hard working patriotic north american like urself

sorry i stopped taking my medication a few days ago.....look theres two woman fucking a polar bear.
gonzo_4_life15 is offline   Reply With Quote