The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-23-2003, 12:18 AM   #46
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The Doodlebugs couldn't be driven on the road legally so they never went more than a couple miles from home. The horses were still used to haul wood into the city for sale.

Later when trucks became affordable, the horses were still used to haul small loads out of tree groves where the bugs couldn't go or caused too much damage. Once the wood was out to the "woodlot" roads, which were just treeless paths, the bugs took over.

One problem was the brush that had to be cut between the trees. It was small stuff, less than an inch in diameter and cut with a brush hook which is a stylized axe. This cut on an angle which left sharp points like pungi (sp) sticks. When these things punctured a tire it was a pain in the ass but when they punctured a horses ankle it could bleed to death pretty quickly without immediate action.

Later my folks bought a saddle horse as did my uncle. Guess who got to take care of them?

Yeah, a school bus. A LONG bus, thank you. It was 17 miles to school, and uphill both ways.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:22 AM   #47
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
I also addressed this in my earlier post. I said I didn't really have a problem with this "tradition" as long as the pig wasn't abused while alive and wasn't tortured while being killed and was eaten by the people afterwards.
Getting your nuts cut off isn't abuse!?

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 02:27 AM   #48
quzah

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Quzah, this is absolutely untrue. I know it was a quote and not your statement BUT, believe me it's simply not true, unless you have 50K chickens in a room with a doggie door and most of them never know it's there.
Been there done than, man and virtually all the chickens will go out and scratch/peck the ground for as long as the sun is up. Would I lie to you, my oldest and dearest friend?
Well technicly, you could call 50K chickens with a single doggie door "free range". I think that's the point they were trying to illustrate.

bmgb mentioned the smiling chickens. This always amuses the hell out of me. I like the smiling pig adds that is selling pork. What kind of sick son of a bitch is he?!

"Hey kiddies! Throw my brother on the barbie and grill his ass!"

Or those Foster's Farms (that's them right?) chickens that are trying to convince everyone that they're fresh chickens so they'll get eaten. The absurdity.

That's like me walking down to a canabalistic tribe and going "Hey, I'm plump and juicy! Eat me! Take a look at these thighs!" (Which on aside, wouldn't work in my case, because I'm skinny. But the point still stands...)

It is to laugh.

Quzah.
Old 08-23-2003, 04:57 AM   #49
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by quzah

Quzah.
Fucking A....I just spent two hours (sounds obcessive doesn't it) composing a masterpiece reply to this and my flaming piece of shit computer froze while I was previewing my post. Son of a bitch I'm pissed. I know you don't give a rat's ass, but I gotta vent before I beat the shit out of my crappy computer and hurt myself in the process.

Are you a male or female? Just curious so I'll know how to address you when I try to recreate my work of art?

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 07:09 AM   #50
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Well technicly, you could call 50K chickens with a single doggie door "free range". I think that's the point they were trying to illustrate.
I certainly wouldn't, that's a commercial operation. But given half a chance chickens would rather be outside during daylight.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:56 AM   #51
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Not necessarily.

I'm gonna go out and grab some bacon...excuse me.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #52
elSicomoro

"Pig baby! I got a pig!
I gotta pig and it's pink and big!
Pig baby! I got a pig!
Come on baby, you and my pig!
Nurture my pig!"
--The Reverend Horton Heat
Old 08-24-2003, 03:29 AM   #53
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:

Quzah.
Well, in this specific case, I would have to agree w/ you. I'm sure the piggy didn't enjoy the procedure which most likely involved constricting blood flow to the family jewels until they fell off or simply cutting them off w/out anesthesia. I would have to consider this a form of abuse due to the pain involved.

But, if we start talking about the castration of domestic pets, that's a whole new ballgame. Before I go off on that, I'm curious...do you think that's abuse too?

Old 08-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #54
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you love someone, have them spayed or neutered.:p
Old 08-24-2003, 10:31 AM   #55
elSicomoro

And one of your ex-wives made sure of this with you, right?
Old 08-24-2003, 11:16 AM   #56
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

With the help of her lawyer AND my lawyer.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:49 PM   #57
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
If you love someone, have them spayed or neutered.:p
Exactly, pretty much everthing that walks thru my front door gets 'altered'. Guess that explains why I don't get many visitors:p

Old 08-24-2003, 09:15 PM   #58
quzah

Quote:
But, if we start talking about the castration of domestic pets, that's a whole new ballgame. Before I go off on that, I'm curious...do you think that's abuse too?
Of course it is. You're removing body parts and altering their entire behavior.

If you don't agree, answer me this:
Q - Why does your dog no longer leave the yard when you cut his nuts off?
A - Because he's afraid you'll cut something else off the next time!

No, seriously, it's because he no longer has any desire to go out and procreate. If it wasn't such a big deal, why wouldn't humans do the same? Find your average male, ask them if you can cut off their testicles. What answer are you going to get? "Hell no!"

Neutering is nothing at all like a vasectomy. Spaying is the equivelant of a oophorectomy. Fairly similar to asking any woman if she'd like a hysterectomy. Again, you'll get a resounding "NO!", or at least I'd assume so.

Most people wouldn't volunteer for either operation. So why should your pet want it? The fact is, they wouldn't. There is no way in hell that if you could actually talk to them and explain the process, that they'd want it done.

It would be like asking your average male if you want to remove all sources of testosterone in his body. Because that's what it does. The outcome is an altered thought process. Think of it as a form of lobotomy.

Quzah.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:26 AM   #59
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quzah.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by LUVBUGS as a reply to above quote by Quzah

Fucking A....I just spent two hours (sounds obcessive doesn't it) composing a masterpiece reply to this and my flaming piece of shit computer froze while I was previewing my post. Son of a bitch I'm pissed. I know you don't give a rat's ass, but I gotta vent before I beat the shit out of my crappy computer and hurt myself in the process.

Are you a male or female? Just curious so I'll know how to address you when I try to recreate my work of art?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if you caught this post, but I can see you are forcing me to go there. Keep an eye out for wrath

Old 08-25-2003, 02:23 AM   #60
quzah

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if you caught this post, but I can see you are forcing me to go there. Keep an eye out for wrath
I saw it, but a few things occurred to me:

1) I don't answer every question I'm asked.
2) It apparently didn't matter the first time you wrote, so why should it now?

Quzah.