The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #46
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post

IMO any "fix" that doesn't put us on the path to intelligent interaction (at least most of the time)in the politics and current events is a just a big old fail.
Lookout and Lumberjim:

I am curioius, do you think this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Well done Comrade. Your party is proud of you.
... as a response to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
The GAO released its report yesterday that reviewed ACORN's federal funding at the request of the ACORN-bashing members of Congress and found no evidence of fraud, lax oversight or misuse of federal funds.

The GAO also conducted a comprehensive review of all criminal investigations of ACORN by the Department of Justice and federal Inspector General’s since 2005. The report said that of six FBI investigations into ACORN-related voter fraud all had been dropped because of lack of evidence. Only cases against individuals working for ACORN were prosecuted....and ACORN provided information to local election officials that helped initiate prosecutions against their employees who may have been involved in voter registration fraud.”

The agency also found the Federal Election Commission had closed all investigations into voter fraud by the group.

GAO report

Looks to me like ACORN did nothing criminal or even unethical, on the grant side or the political/voter registration side...despite all the presumption of guilt bandied about by its political enemies.
.....contributes to a path to intellectual interaction?

OR this....
Quote:
Bullshit.
as response to this:
Quote:
This has nothing to do with illegal immigrants and making then citizens.

Using at-large elections to increase or maintain the influence of the White majority or conversely, decrease or discourage the representation of minorities in a community has been a long-standing violation of the Voting Rights Act under all administrations since it was enacted (well, except for Bush).
....contributes to a path to intellectual interaction?

Or this....
Quote:
NO, they are employed by the same whores you suck up to.
or:
Quote:
Good Job Comrade! You have achieved the highest level of support of your party!
or:
Quote:
You failed.

....to nearly every other post I make....contributes to a path to intellectual interaction?

Sure...I am party of the problem and I have responded to posts in a manner that has not been constructive. I dont deny it at all.

I could choose to ignore posts/responses like the above...but tell me...isnt that "treating the symptom and not finding a cure"?

I know he's your friend...but fix that, and you have my promise that I will keep it respectful as well.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #47
monster
I hear them call the tide

Redux for the Ban.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #48
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Redux for the Ban.
Thats one way to deal with it.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #49
lookout123
changed his status to single

I see what you are saying but while this may just be my bias showing, I don't think some bizarre 4 way non-aggression treaty will really change the vibe. They do a great job of winding you up and you respond in ways that you shouldn't but in your defense, your vitriol is usually aimed at 2 people in particular(not that it is better, there just isn't as much collateral damage). It is a PERSONAL battle you're in whereas the those other 2 get shitty with anyone who doesn't agree with them on a consistant basis.

While none of us are spotless in this problem I can remember a time when classic was a frequent poster and things weren't nasty and personal. I don't remember a time where redux or spexx were active that the shit wasn't consistantly flying in all directions.

Biased or not, that's my 2 cents.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #50
Redux

Lookout....seriously, I am open to suggestions on how to respond to posts like The Mercinary's typical ones above to nearly every substantive post I (or spexx or even others) make.

Were my posts above not respectful, addressing the issue and not personal? Were his responses?

As I said, ignoring him in an option..but IMO, that is not addressing the problem.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #51
monster

Quote:
Thats one way to deal with it.
it's the only way in your case. We're all sick of you bringing shit from one forum and wiping it all over the board. Even here You are a professional dingleberry. You certainly need to use that as a use title if you don't get banned,
Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #52
Redux

Quote:
it's the only way in your case. We're all sick of you bringing shit from one forum and wiping it all over the board. Even here You are a professional dingleberry. You certainly need to use that as a use title if you don't get banned,
Thanks....that is very helpful, despite the fact that I dont wipe shit all over the board. I pretty much stick to politics and curent events unless called out by name.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #53
monster

Quote:
Lookout....seriously, I am open to suggestions on how to respond to posts like The Mercinary's typical ones above to nearly every substantive post I (or spexx or even others) make.

Were my posts above not respectful, addressing the issue and not personal? Were his responses?

As I said, ignoring him in an option..but IMO, that is not addressing the problem.
DON'T RESPOND! Duh! Yes it does address the problem. no response = no counter-response. Probelm Solved. Only a Dingleberry wouldn't see that.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #54
lookout123
changed his status to single

Redux, I'm not going to argue that Merc's posts are a positive. They aren't. I've said so in the past before I threw in the towel and quit engaging in those forums as much as I did.

My politics don't align with Merc's but we do share some common ground - that doesn't mean I stand with him in everything he says. I view the cellar as a place to interact... Sort of like a bar. You seem to see it as a team sport. I don't get that. As a very unwise politician once said...'If you aren't with me, ur against me...'.

But a wise jedi knows that only a sith deals in absolutes.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #55
monster

Quote:
Thanks....that is very helpful, despite the fact that I dont wipe shit all over the board. I pretty much stick to politics and curent events unless called out by name.
hooyah. ban. Your opinion of yourself is way too high. And your maturity level way too low. unless you are actually 12.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #56
Redux

Huh...a team sport?

All I want is for my respectful posts like those above to be treated respectfully or ignored...and not face a personal attack ad nauseum by one person, who obviously has better connections with many here.

IMO, it looks to me that you only really want to address half the problem.

Thats your right....and UT can ban me any time to make Monster happy.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #57
monster

Say Redux, what positive things have you done for this board? Specifically?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #58
Redux

Quote:
Say Redux, what positive things have you done for this board? Specifically?
Honestly, Monster...I dont really think you would look objectively....but look at the examples above.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #59
monster

And with that i'm done with this. Reply at will but you won't get a further response.

EDIT: oh scrap that i lied. WIMP. suck it and see.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #60
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
it's the only way in your case. We're all sick of you bringing shit from one forum and wiping it all over the board.
No we aren't.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote