Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 01-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #61
Nirvana
Back in 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
lol - I was trying to be funny there and steer the conversation away from the precipice.

And just where do you think Satan was trying to go? Why the precipice of course!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #62
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I really resent Pro-football players. They get paid tons more than more productive members of society. Policemen, firemen, teachers (my sis is a HS math teach), ect. I believe people working in those professions are much better role models, and tougher than the toughest football player. I think football has its place, but it has been elevated way beyond what it should be.

I only support high school and college. Although I think too much importance is being placed on football in those institutions as well when the emphasis should be on academics.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #63
SamIam

I'm clueless on football, but I did go back and read Bruce's comment to Cloud. I'm disappointed in Bruce. *ducks*
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #64
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
,,, I did go back and read Bruce's comment to Cloud. I'm disappointed in Bruce. *ducks*
I went back and looked at Merc's recent pictorial display (" Impeding changes to health care" post numbers 1651, 1652, 1653, 1654, 1656, 1657....and Current Events/ "Does anyone like bailing" post numbers 984, 985, 987, 988)

Ten stupid, childish pics in a matter of minutes.

I'm not disappointed or offended, but yes, it was absolutely very Rush-like.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #65
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

What a few R's had to say about Rush's comments.
Quote:
“They are deeply insensitive,” said conservative commentator Pat Buchanan on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“The president speaks for the country when he says we’re going to go in there,” he said. “You want your whole nation, and it’s very positive. And I think Rush’s comments were cynical.”

Sitting next to Buchanan on set, host Joe Scarborough called Limbaugh’s comments “deplorable.”

The insensitivity is stunning,” said the former Republican congressman.
Link
Old 01-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #66
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Oh, we're playing the cunt card, are we. Fuck it, enjoy your martyrdom.
Nice moderating there, Bruce.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
He's an ass. I once heard him argue for like an hour because he insisted the @ sign was called an ampersand. He wouldn't concede the point even though people were shoving dictionaries in his face. I mean, if you've fucking watched Wheel of Fortune ONCE you know what an ampersand is. (I didn't listen to him on purpose, I worked with a bunch of dumb old bats who worshipped the ground he walked on and kept him on the radio. I wanted to vomit.)
He really is a big fat idiot. Pure evil, along with Palin and Bush.
States opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
I personally think Rush Limbaugh is a douchebag BUT he is without a doubt awesome at what he does. Look at all of you getting your panties in a twist over something said by a guy you describe as an idiot. In case you haven't figured it out, THAT is what this guy is about - ratings and marketshare. You give it to him.
States opinion
Quote:
I love how no one will actually admit they love Rush. Every conservative on this board knows better than to affiliate with him (which tells me you're smarter than the dumb rednecks), and so, instead, say things like "I think he sucks BUT..." or "I don't agree with Rush, BUT..."
Those posts make your but look big.
Ad hominem attack
Quote:
About as much as your superiority complex. I've stated my views on Rush a number of times over the years.
I think he is a douchebag. A very rich, very intelligent, very successful douchebag. It cracks my ass up when I hear him ridicule his own dittoheads. It cracks my ass up when he goes on a rant and by the end of it he is having a hard time not laughing because even HE doesn't believe the bullshit he's spewing. I love it that supposedly intelligent beings such as yourself ridicule him for being a stupid irrelevent cocksucker but you waste no opportunity to get wound up by his comments on his entertainment radio show.
I respect his ability to succeed in a cutthroat business for so long. Just like a respected Bill Clinton's ability to come out of shitstorms relatively unscathed.
Mild shot back, then restate and defend opinion

Quote:
Oh, so my approach should be to put him on ignore? Nope! He's dangerous, and you're an apologist. And you can give the lip service about how you think he's a douchebag all you want, but your actions via your words belie that notion.
Me reading an article posted on the Cellar, then commenting on it, contributes to Rush's marketshare? OK. You're right. I'll just shut up because it's just not RIGHT to say anything bad about Rush: his fans get their panties in a wad.
Superiority complex? HA! That's good, cuz. :p
And you snuck in Clinton? Wow...it's almost like you're using the earthquake for gain or publicity, Rush. Grab at what you can I guess, when you really have nothing else to go with.
Ad hominem attack

Quote:
In fact, I've noticed the only time you pop in anymore is to bitch about Obama or apologize for Rush.
Why are you conservatives so ashamed to just be who you are? Why do you hide so?
Continue Ad hominem attack
Quote:
More importantly, hows the boy doing?
Change subject

Quote:
Yeah, I work too. I had a kid tell me the other day he was going to quit, trying to go to school was too frustrating, until I helped him. So I"m productive too.
Why is it OK for all y'all to treat me like dog shit, anyway? You started the slinging with your superiority complex statement. It's OK, you'll still be adored and I'll take the shit for being whatever it is you think I am (bitter) when I state my opinion.
Superiority complex? I rarely feel worse than this place can make me feel, but I keep trying. Why? Because of the rare connection, because every now and then someone values my opinion. Sometimes I almost forget I'm worthless and so are my values and ideas and words. There's always a special someone here willing to re-point that out.
It's a motherfucking GOOD life, ya know.
Let the flaming begin. Luckily, along with bitterness comes a toughness that goes deeper than the barbs and arrows I see flying in my direction.
Continue Ad hominem attack, again and add pity me
Quote:
Calm down, it's a VW not a snit. :p
Try to head off where this usually goes
Quote:
Always telling the girls to "calm down."
This girl won't calm down for you at your will. Sorry.
Yeah, Flint, I have a vague recollection. I guess it wasn't too memorable (examines fingernails and yawns.)
Doesn't work, melting continues
Quote:
Not always, only the ones getting riled up for no reason.
Try again
Quote:
Well, if that is the way you feel you need more help than the cellar can provide. S123, I always enjoyed your posts until recently. Your posts have become more condescending and bitter in recent months. You throw shit around, but as soon as someone says anything to you they get a pity party post like the one above. Quit being a martyr. Last I checked you and I are on equal footing in the cellar. It's not like I have some gang of groupies to jump on you. Say whatever you want, but don't be surprised if someone responds to you in kind.
Not helping, but I believe a valid reaction to attacks
Quote:
No reason? And I'm more riled than he? I don't think so. I'm responding TO him. Quit being so sexist..
Calling me sexist for not agreeing with her ad hominem attacks, but maybe the's right. Maybe I should have just told her to shut the fuck up
Quote:
This is what I'm talking about: discounting me for feeling the need to stand up for myself, telling me I have no reason. You know, I think I have reason. For you to tell me my reasons aren't valid, pretty shitty.
Next time merc floods a thread with stupid poli pics when he's having a hissy fit, please do stop in to tell him to calm down. It's really only fair.
Shitty shitty people.
Not one woman here can say how she feels without being accused of the pity party. AND THIS IS THE FIRST I'VE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, for your info, lookout. These labels you stick where you please? Wrong, mean, and sick.
Fuck that, and fuck you.
(I like the "you need help" motif that's been going around lately. God, don't mess with the boys' club in this place!)
Completely unfounded bullshit Ad hominem attack
Quote:
Oh, we're playing the cunt card, are we. Fuck it, enjoy your martyrdom.
I give up
I said she was playing the cunt card because that's exactly what she was doing, accusing me (and others) of dissing and picking on her because of her sex. That's complete bullshit and something she pulls repeatedly, and I called her on it.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:50 AM   #68
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
What the fuck does that have to do with moderating?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #69
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Satan get ready for some company, XOB and LO are coming for a visit, have Chris make a nice quiche
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
>to be<
Others try to deflect as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
some wish to continue.

LET IT DIE.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #70
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
I think he is a douchebag. A very rich, very intelligent, very successful douchebag. It cracks my ass up when I hear him ridicule his own dittoheads. It cracks my ass up when he goes on a rant and by the end of it he is having a hard time not laughing because even HE doesn't believe the bullshit he's spewing...
It sounds as though you listen to him a lot. Do you?

Quote:
...but I try to be low key. I'm just not interested in flame wars...
Hmmmmmm...
Quote:
Well, Spex, do you maybe, just maybe hate organized religion? I am going to take a great intellectural leap here and assume that you do. I have no desire to attempt to discuss religion with an individual whose mind is already made up. Go follow your bliss, but don't expect me to sign on for your journey.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #71
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

From the Moderator Nomination Thread

Moderator is a harder job than it appears, if only because people think of you differently if you are a moderator.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #72
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
From the Moderator Nomination Thread

Moderator is a harder job than it appears, if only because people think of you differently if you are a moderator.
I'll butt fuck you in the mouth, you elitist moderating bastard!

Just kidding, please don't ban me.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #73
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #74
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

I disagree with you Bruce. Your MO, as well as LO's, is to, when confronted with your double standards and inability to speak to the subject at hand (bruised egos) is to turn it all around on the person who dared make a comment about the original ridiculousness.

Yes, I think deep down there is a sexist nature to it, because you never tell the obvious male offenders to calm down cunt. So I called you out on that. You don't like my presentation? Oh well, I think my point was made, and I think you were out of line.

No, I think it has nothing to do with moderating...you are a human dwellar first, moderator second. This was between the Bruce the Dwellar and me.

We don't have to agree on this. You can think that there isn't some lop-sidedness to which cunts you think need calming down (wow, I'd hate to think what you might say if someone REALLY let you have it) and I can think that there is. Then again, most people will tip-toe as not to offend you...that is their MO. I don't live my life with such trickery. I don't need to. The way I re-read every post in your outline of what transpired: I still see it the way I saw it from the beginning.

Last edited by Shawnee123; 01-16-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #75
lookout123
changed his status to single

This thread is an example of one of the more minor reasons I don't visit post that much anymore. I enjoy political and social discussion and don't mind being in the minority. The cellar has been slightly to the left since the very first day I strolled in. It has just become tiresome though. Too many playing the martyr. Too many who cry racism, sexism, or classism about for anyone who disagrees with current policies. I know there are some guys who are far right who aren't doing any better so this isn't just one sided.