The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 09-05-2007, 07:00 AM   #61
monster
I hear them call the tide

Any news? Did you get to see the surgeon? Thinking of you...
Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #62
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! My husband is going to check on the healthcare plan his work has been offering, but not actually giving out.
He's promised me that he would at least follow-up and ask about what happened to it today. He's fighting going to the doctor. He was trying to get out of it by saying that it is "just a swollen lymphnode". As you can probably imagine....that did not work.
I worry too much I guess. When it was smaller it felt like it was coming off the lymphnode rather than the lymphnode itself.....now it's gotten so large that I can't even feel the lymphnode anymore. The lymphnode itself actually felt normal....I hope I am wrong. Sometimes it's ok to be dead wrong. In this case being dead wrong would be awesome.
Well whatever it is.....I'm sure we can manage. I can't afford to let fear take over my last brain cells.

And of course Bri you can pm me anytime. And if you really need to talk to someone I'm here usually at odd times between 9:00 MST and 5:00, and often. Even on Saturdays.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #63
Pie
Gone and done

Bri, any word? What's going on?
Please drop us a line if you can.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #64
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Yeah, I'm gettin' kinda queasy, here, waiting for the plan and prognosis, girl.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #65
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

She may have gone almost immediately into surgery after seeing the doctor on Tuesday. When they want to, they can move very fast. We're thinking about you, Bri.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:15 AM   #66
monster
I hear them call the tide

Bri last spotted in the Meaningless Drunk thread being kidnapped by her family.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:21 AM   #67
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

bloody herll monster

i thought your post meaant she had poster

friggen teatse
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #68
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

i'm so sorry guys--not to worry, they did kidnap me to cape cod---I see the surgeon on the 17th. Until then, I'm livin' it up. I will be back on the 15th. More then, as our wifi in the codo isn't working

I love you guys!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #69
rkzenrage

Still sending my love and healing energy.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #70
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

me too.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #71
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Ohhh, look at my drunk typing. bwaahahahahah

Bri - live it up you should honey.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #72
theotherguy
no not that other guy, the other one

Shit. This is crazy. Good luck, Bri. I know you can beat it.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #73
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bri, I'm back and I'm thinking of you.

I was devastated when Dana told me - you are so full of life and hope and humour it seemed obscene that part of you was putting your life at risk. But I know that cancer is a disease, not a stalker looking to bring down the best and bravest - it just seems that way sometimes.

You have made me laugh, and cry (with laughter mostly) and given me hope when things have seemed really grim You've been generous with your honesty, your praise and your support and I value that hugely. I love and respect you for what you have faced in your life so far, and what you you will face in the future.

You are certainly worth more than any bunch of cells, especially malfunctioning ones and I believe whatever happens you will deal with it (even when you feel you're not dealing with it) with total style.

Anyway, we've got about 5 book ideas we're going to work on one day, don't think I'll let you off the hook that easily, okay?

All my love, good thoughts, care and concern to you. You've touched my life and no doubt many others and if I can repay that in any way just say the word.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #74
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Everyone's acting like my husband is dead already. We don't even have a proper diagnosis, and his co-workers want him to go lie down. I even started to act like he is going to die and had to stop myself. Isn't it sad that I would have one of his feet in the grave already just to be sure about something instead of dealing with not knowing? Well- I stopped the dramatics about 6 hours into it. I'm glad for it.
Hopefully others will come to terms with it....so he doesn't feel like he has to die because everyone else is sure already. This is stupid. Maybe it is cancer. Maybe he's not going to die. Even he's acting like someone that cares about how he will be remembered now. How did we get here already? After one doctor visit?

This is why I was afraid other people would get involved for such a long time.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #75
jester
why so serious

I think, even though medical wise we’ve come along way in treatments, that the word cancer is seen as almost un-beatable. It, in itself is almost an automatic death sentence. There are just so many types – it’s hard to comprehend that it can be beaten.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote