The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #61
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What don't you understand about helping their economies grow?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #62
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
What don't you understand about helping their economies grow?
I understand. I just don't want to do it. I want our economy to grow. If thiers grows when ours grows that is good for them. If not then I feel bad for them. I do not think we should exploit them. But it is unreasonable to think that any company is going to go to a country where the average worker makes $0.50 per hour and try to pay them $5.00 per hour. That is crazy. I don't want our companies to move out of the US, but we have created a situation where it is easy and more profitable for them to do so. How do you make them not go?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #63
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

HTML Code:
How do you make them not go?
Don't shop at wallmart.

You've got a computer, you've got Google, go to the extra trouble of finding American made stuff.

It will cost you more, you'll have to get along on six well made shirts instead of being in fashion with 24 pieces of crap. Your self esteem might be bruised by having to appear in public in last months fashion.

I know a single mother has to stretch the buck, yada, etc, blah. Oh look...I never saw that before, it's so cute and cheap......and I couldn't live without it.

Some things are not made here at all any more. 1- do you really need it? 2-do you really need that many?

That, my friend is how you make them not go, but it takes people who are willing to sacrifice for the good of others, for the good of the country.
And in case you haven't noticed, the whining motherfuckers all around you don't give a shit about anyone or anything that doesn't immediately affect them.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:59 PM   #64
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
HTML Code:
How do you make them not go?
Don't shop at wallmart.

You've got a computer, you've got Google, go to the extra trouble of finding American made stuff.

It will cost you more, you'll have to get along on six well made shirts instead of being in fashion with 24 pieces of crap. Your self esteem might be bruised by having to appear in public in last months fashion.

I know a single mother has to stretch the buck, yada, etc, blah. Oh look...I never saw that before, it's so cute and cheap......and I couldn't live without it.

Some things are not made here at all any more. 1- do you really need it? 2-do you really need that many?

That, my friend is how you make them not go, but it takes people who are willing to sacrifice for the good of others, for the good of the country.
And in case you haven't noticed, the whining motherfuckers all around you don't give a shit about anyone or anything that doesn't immediately affect them.
I already do that, most of it anyway. I have 3 F-150's among some other stuff. There is no promise that any of it is made in America anymore. The world has become global. But if I don't shop at Walmart my neighbor may be out of a job, along with all of the other Associates. I just can't do that to my neighbor. But I do try to buy American when I can. So how come the big Corps have not come back or stopped leaving, cause you know I have been doing this for a long time?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #65
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

WalMart is the anti-christ.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #66
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I have the freedom to answer what I desire and as I see fit. No one can control the questioner or the person answering.
By all means, please, be my guest. It's what make the world go around, around here.
Quote:
Just responding to the questions (often leading, which I would not allow them to do) posed, mostly in the political and current events, which is where you will find me mostly.
Did you misspeak or did I misunderstand? Please clarify what you mean when you say you won't permit leading questions, and justify it, if you can.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #67
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
Right on, sister! Tell it!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #68
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Walmart isn't the devil, captialism is the devil. Walmart is just playing smart capitalism.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #69
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Telephone polls are some of the worst. All you did was sample people who have telephones.
I think the last poll that suffered from that error resulted in the Dewey Defeats Truman newspaper headline.

There are now more households with phones than without.

I've even been admitting a lot of homeless people with cellphones. I think they come into the hospital so they have a place to plug in their chargers.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:19 PM   #70
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
When someone other than the antichrist starts carrying adult diapers* for less than $15 a pack, let me know.

*they're for momWolf, not me. Really.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 PM   #71
rkzenrage

Damn, I was hot there for a sec.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:05 AM   #72
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
captialism is the devil.
You're a college student, aren't ya?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:53 AM   #73
rkzenrage

Quote:
Ok, I am with you. We keep them out of poverty by not moving there and not paying them $0.50 per hour. We pay them nothing. That will keep them out of poverty. Good idea.
I agree, we should stay OUT of other nations and take care of our own, while enforcing our, quite liberal, immigration laws as they stand.
However, if we really do this; just see how long we remain popular.

Capitalism is the devil? Please, tell me what is better (that still rewards those who work harder, smarter and inventors... and I mean not stealing from those who save, work harder/more and smarter or those who buy land).
Old 03-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #74
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I agree, we should stay OUT of other nations and take care of our own, while enforcing our, quite liberal, immigration laws as they stand.
However, if we really do this; just see how long we remain popular.

Capitalism is the devil? Please, tell me what is better (that still rewards those who work harder, smarter and inventors... and I mean not stealing from those who save, work harder/more and smarter or those who buy land).
Capitalism is better, and it has worked very well for me. I was being facetious concerning his response. If you don't build a factory and employ the population then they are most certainly less well off than had you employed them, even a $1 per hour. You cannot and should not try to establish parallels between how we employ a union worker in the US to a person in a factory in Thailand IMHO.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #75
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Capitalism is the Devil, IMO, but there are worse things...better the Devil you know.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote