Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-03-2004, 04:26 AM   #76
Billy
Professor

1=Kwan-yin
2=Droplight

Most Chinese women, including my mother, believe the Kwan-yin. I feel that the light remembers the stories and history.
Attached Images

Last edited by Billy; 12-03-2004 at 04:28 AM.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 04:44 AM   #77
Billy
Professor

Flower Vine Pavilion
Quote:
Build on 1926-1936 year, occupation of land area amounts to 150 square meters. Top imitative empress of British Jin Guan build, four walls make the reinforced concrete into the open colorful cage. Four various kinds of last will it be four seasons spring, summer, autumn or winter rattan wooden flowers according to legend, climb pavilion, The flower opened and was not stopped throughout the year, the guest smelt the fragrance of flowers firstly before entering the garden in that year. Pavilion have pond is according to legend for raise tortoise pool, incline with pavilion bird nest interrelates, The brightness of flowers and birdsongs of implied meaning, the flower turns on rich and powerfully.
I like this Pavilion very much. It looks like a bamboo pavilion.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2004, 04:51 AM   #78
Billy
Professor

The pavilion stands, but all the masters past away.
The Incense Oven still works when I came.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #79
garnet

Wonderful pictures, Billy! Thanks for posting them. I very much hope to visit China someday.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:37 AM   #80
glatt

I like the pavilion too.

The geometry of the roof is interesting. The "rafters" aren't spaced evenly around the center point of the roof. The roof covers a rectagular room, so as it reaches the apex, the angles of the rafters aren't quite identical. But they are symmetrical. The lattice covering of the roof looks awkward the way it lines up against the rafters. It probably looks fine from the inside as long as you don't look up and stare directly at it. A symmetrical lattice would have been very difficult to pull off.

Last edited by glatt; 12-03-2004 at 11:40 AM.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:52 AM   #81
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

I'm still waiting for more pictures of beautiful women.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:05 PM   #82
warch
lurkin old school

Quote:
Most Chinese women, including my mother, believe the Kwan-yin.
What is the Kwan-yin? Is it the female figure? What is the belief? Is this a common figurine?

Quote:
I feel that the light remembers the stories and history.
That is very poetic. Does this lantern have something to do with Kwan-yin too, or was it just a lovely thing in the same room?
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:32 PM   #83
Billy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warch
What is the Kwan-yin? Is it the female figure? What is the belief?Is this a common oblate?
Kwan-yin was men, but afterward she changed into woman. I cannot remember the story now. She was a good Buddhist of Buddhism Founder. Many Buddhists oblate the oblate in homes and temples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warch
That is very poetic. Does this lantern have something to do with Kwan-yin too, or was it just a lovely thing in the same room?
The lantern is used to light up in the room ago and has nothing with the Kwan-yin.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:43 PM   #84
Billy
Professor

Bird's Nest Pavilion

Quote:
Build to 1926-1936, the occupation of land amounts to 126 square meters, among them the birdcage takes up an area of 63 square meters, Top floor modelled after an antique Rome type, China section adopt China folk art paper-cut coherent to spend case round, Make i nto cement coherent to spend window, appearance wash stone rice, whole s of building Chinese and Western match well, Novel and unique, bird nest with shaddock wooden bezel, stainless steel network enclose copy, the middle builds one pond, It build rockery one, it raise and there will be peacock, brother, cured mouth bird ……The bird's twitter is like the song, fascinating.
There were lots of birds when the master lived ago. No bird lives and sing now.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2004, 06:52 PM   #85
Billy
Professor

Sedan Chair Ago the emperors, officers, rich people took sedan chair as traffic tool. In the wedding, the bride also sit on the sedan chair from her home to husband's home. The SC in this pic is a wedding chair.
Bellows I don't know the bellows's function becasue I just see here.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2004, 06:58 PM   #86
Billy
Professor

More lantern All the master's children and the last wife of the master live in the USA now.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2004, 07:06 PM   #87
Billy
Professor

Coir Rincoat Ago the Cinese people use this raincoats in rain. I knew it in Chinese books when I was young.
Couplet There are the tablets at the gate and room walls to show the masters' personalities. In Chinese New Year we also put the red couplet on the gate walls.
The Chinese New Year is coming. Please let me know if you want to get the Chinese style cards. I am glad to post you.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2004, 11:28 PM   #88
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Kwan Yin Restaurant
1603 W Pearce Blvd
Wentzville, MO 63385
(636) 327-8000
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:39 AM   #89
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Kwan Yin is a Bodhisattva, known as the goddess of compassion. She has a very wide appeal that crosses all religions, because she represents a very universal theme.

We have a stunning example in the Nelson-Atkins Museum here in KC...

http://www.nelson-atkins.org/collect...l/bodhisat.htm

...although the photo scarcely does it justice. I can't even tell you how many people I have talked to over the years who have said that sitting before this amazing work in its perfect setting has brought immense peace and serenity to them. It is absolutely true. There is a palpable sense of calm, renewal and love in this part of the gallery. I've felt it all my life, but only after becoming Pagan was I able to understand what was happening.

A very, very powerful deity is Kwan Yin.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:56 AM   #90
Billy
Professor

Gate with Couplets. There are two couplets with in two different sides. I did not take the other similar gate.
Attached Images