The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-08-2004, 11:32 PM   #91
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I agree that UT needs to be honored on The Shirt (tm), but a little part of me sort of wants to have the artwork be one of the Webscalpel submissions.

I will be wanting one shirt in a 2X, with or without pocket, as long as it isn't white. Let me know when and whom I need to pay, please.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:48 PM   #92
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
For me, the simpler the better. For me, Its less of a promotional shirt and more of a membership shirt. I wouldn't put anything on the back.
Here is more shit from me, that what Beestie said made me think of... so blame him for it:

We COULD have more than one design, I think. Perhaps we would have better end results, if there was some competition involved in the creation of these shirts. We could choose a long and short sleeve model. That would involve having a judging panel, or polls to decide which 2 shirts get made. Might sell more shirts, too. I could see getting one of each, if I like both designs, and they're different enough.

We could have 2 teams that are seperately responsible for designing 1 shirt each. One team to do the long sleeve shirt, the other the short. Teams created on a volunteer basis; no choosing teams. Play to your strength. Teams will each sort out color, design, layout, logo, quality of shirt, number of colors, front/back/both/sleeve printing. in other words, from scratch. Collaboration breeds innovation. They will be cool shirts.

I have to agree with Beestie that in practical application, i prefer plain backed Tshirts. And yet, the back is a much better canvas. And it IS promotional. Now, is promotion a good thing? Do you advertise the cellar? Or will we get flooded with asshats and crapflooders?

I don't think most of you folk are hermits, and you are bound to wear your shirts out of the house eventually. When you do, some one will comment about your shirt. Depending upon how you feel about that person, you will react in different ways. If you think that they would be a positive presence in the cellar, you'll take the opportunity to tell them about it, and maybe even "recruit" them. This person may then want to buy his/her own t-shirt, and then they'll tell two friends, and then THEY'LL tell two friends.........And we'll be selling so many got damn t-shirts, that tony buys us all porsches for christmas!

If you don't like the person for the cellar, you'll downplay it as "oh some website i went to one time" and steer the conversation away.

There are other applications for efforts like these. we are building. We could turn the cellar into a self promoting promotion like the OBX stickers on the back of every other SUV along the Eastern US seaboard. People would flock to the .org just to be near us. The three monkeys would be an instantly recognizeable trademark adorning all ranges of apparell for the "in crowd". Shamelessly endorsing products from tshirts to CD compilations, book club favorites to the Cool Site of the Day.

Kind of makes you want to cry, doesn;t it?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:05 AM   #93
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I like OC's final front of the shirt design, with the logo from the masthead alone, and a tasteful "cellar.org." Adding the toad makes it way too busy.

I do like the "friendly little coffee shop" for the back with the toad draped over it. That was nicely laid out ... but can live without it, especially if that reduces production costs.

I'd be in for one short sleeve and one long sleeve ... both 2XL, because I like a roomy shirt.

I'm fine for no-pocket. It's not like I have to have a place to carry Hollerith cards anymore.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:38 AM   #94
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Old 03-09-2004, 12:50 AM   #95
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You missed an "e" in the first "coffee."

Otherwise, awesome.

How does it show up on black, though?

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 03-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #96
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

thanks.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:01 AM   #97
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I would definitely buy a coffee mug.

Old 03-09-2004, 01:03 AM   #98
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Oh, and I miss the typewriters, man ... I think that they are very important to the overall design, because the visual allusion is lost without them.

No, I can't do better myself. I don't have the patience, or the software for doing the design stuff. You are doing a brilliant job.

I'll just drive from my backseat here, yah?

Old 03-09-2004, 01:09 AM   #99
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Old 03-09-2004, 01:21 AM   #100
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

logo close up
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2004, 01:22 AM   #101
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i cant make the typwriter go with that layout. too cluttery
Old 03-09-2004, 01:24 AM   #102
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You're forgiven. It's Very Cool.

Old 03-09-2004, 01:36 AM   #103
staceyv
Lecturer

i'm not into t-shirts, but i would love to buy a coffee mug!
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:34 AM   #104
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I like it. xxl black, long and short sleeve for me
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:03 AM   #105
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I like OC's final design for the long sleeve shirt. as long as it is in black, I am in for one of those. I dont know if the sizes are m or f, so when I know, I will give you a size. Probably large.

For the short sleeve, I think it would be neat if we used a ringer T. I like to wear those anyway, and would consider buying a couple extras of those. Again, I am not a fan of white, and I do like the last logo Lumberjim made. I may get ambitious today and try and come up with something.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote