The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 07-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #91
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

And the gals could look better, IMO.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #92
staceyv
Lecturer

Damn you! Now it's stuck in my head
"Wanna, wanna..Don't cha wanna..."
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:04 PM   #93
breakingnews
Q_Q

Shasta was a great cola, better than RC, I thought.

One of my all-time favorites, though, is A-Treat (for you northeastern pennsyltuckians). There was something about Sasparilla flavor that made it so much better than even Stewart's root beer ... which is a damn good root beer. Fun restaurants too - when we were about 15, we got banned from the one sort of near us on Rt. 31 in central jerz for setting off two stink bombs at the counter. Those were the days.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:27 AM   #94
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
Milo and Marmite appear to be two totally different food items, though I was originally thinking of Marmite myself when Sun said Milo.
Isn't Marmite the British equivalent of Vegemite? Foul-tasting, salty vegetable (so they claim, I think it's ground up babies or something) paste?

Quote:
Shasta has always been American to my knowledge, but did have 950 flavors...I don't see it much these days.
I mostly remember Shasta as a kid in Illinois, particularly as a diet soda. It probably had all those yummy cyclamates in it. I don't remember seeing it here in Pennsylvania, though. Possibly because we had our own regional cheap soda company ... mmmmm Frank's Black Cherry Wishniak!

The Shasta website has a wealth of information on Shasta history, flavors, and even a special Hispanic section.

I occasionally buy A-Treat because they have Blue soda. The best Blue Soda, though was Blue Sky Soda, came in a glass bottle. Last saw it in the late 80s. This is NOT the same Blue Sky Soda that you can get at the hippie grocery store, which is all kinds of organic crap with no chemicals. Weren't nothin' real in my Blue Sky Soda ... it was a most awesome (to some frightening) shade of electric blue, and tasted particularly blue as well. Blue Pepsi came close for flavor, but not for color.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis

Last edited by wolf; 07-15-2005 at 01:30 AM.
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #95
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

My family did drink Shasta... but they were also really into Slice... and the flavor that my mom and her parents just thought was the coolest was Diet Apple Slice. It was actually pretty good, or at least I liked it at the time. I'd love to try some now.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:48 AM   #96
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I want Apple Slice back. With Sugar, not the diet version. There was another apple soda on the market at the same time called Aspen that is also sadly gone.

There is a NEW apple soda out, but I haven't tried it yet. Jolly Rancher (the candy company) is starting a soda line. It just showed up in the 7-11. I bought a bottle of Jolly Rancher Watermelon today, but it's still in the fridge at work.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 07-15-2005, 06:59 AM   #97
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm going on a diet. Starting now. I just need to figure out which one then I'll be fine. I can't go on like this being addicted to pasta salad and grilled cheese and Big Macs. I'm starting to look like a potato with toothpicks for arms and legs. Not Very Attractive! Big Cleansing Breath---Ok---low fat? Adkins? South Beach? Weight Watchers? So Many Choices! I hate low fat, though. Maybe South Beach.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 08:31 AM   #98
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I gots A-Treat up here. I'll have to look for Blue Soda. Even though I refuse to eat blue food on the grounds that it's not natural for food to be blue. Hell, even blueberries aren't really blue, they're purple!

I can even find A-Treat in the old glass bottles, though those are sadly disappearing.

Brian
Old 07-15-2005, 09:49 PM   #99
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Wolf ,Blue sky soda , but blue M&M get sent back ???????
I am corn-fused ,,, I thought BLUE was EVIL and un-natural !!!!

Last edited by zippyt; 07-15-2005 at 09:55 PM.
zippyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:43 AM   #100
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Just the blue M&Ms ... because they are supposed to be tan and went bad, remember?

Blue Sky soda is supposed to be blue.

Old 07-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #101
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I mostly remember Shasta as a kid in Illinois, particularly as a diet soda. It probably had all those yummy cyclamates in it. I don't remember seeing it here in Pennsylvania, though.
Brewer's Outlet.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:18 PM   #102
busterb
NSABFD

At this point, it seems to be bacon mater sandwichs. If all the rain don't bust them open. 1.9 inch the last shower of the day.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #103
busterb
NSABFD

Blue berry pie and ice cream Yummm
Old 07-23-2005, 06:56 AM   #104
Griff
still says videotape

Pete counted 4 empty ice cream containers in this weeks trash... we don't have a problem.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:34 AM   #105
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ya know what's good on blueberry pie? a slice of Cheddar, melted oh-so-delicately over the top crust...AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Blueberries!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote