The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #91
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Voting Republican or Democrat is not what makes someone right or left wing. I don't actually think of you as a 'right-winger' so much as someone who leans right. More specifically, i think you lean right on some issues and lean left on others. Overall, I'd say you are on the right of centre.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #92
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Voting Republican or Democrat is not what makes someone right or left wing. I don't actually think of you as a 'right-winger' so much as someone who leans right.
What is the difference between an extremist and a moderate? A moderate knows nothing until the facts with numbers are provided. A moderate suspects the worst when one says, "She exposes the truth for what it is.... " Subjective reasoning somehow becomes "The Truth"? That is a first symptom of extremism.

117 papers say that global warming does not exist. But he did not learn the facts and numbers even in one? He only knew what his political handlers told him to believe. An example of extremists who knows - facts and numbers be damned.

We have a problem on this side of the pond. With so many educated by extremist rhetoric (rather than facts with numbers), then the last election saw mostly moderate Democrats removed from office. A budget deadlock happens when a political agenda replaces facts with rhetoric. When people know because "He exposes the truth for what it is..." without factual details and the numbers. When extremists dominate the Congress.

There are extremist Democrats and Republicans. And moderate Democrats and Republicans. In the American Congress, extremists apparently outnumber moderates. Making it impossible for John Bohemer to make a deal without being backstabbed as extremists did to Newt Gingrich.

In this thread, extremists are identified again. Not just a gunman who needs hollow point bullets because we should all have them. Important to a political agenda is to be the first to tell the dumbest among us how to think. Islam is blamed long before any facts are known. Just as George Jr immediately blamed Saddam on the morning of 12 September. The dumbest among us will only hear the first thing we are told to believe (ie smoke cigarettes to increase health). And then avidly deny any honest facts later by even using insults.

Important for extremists is to be the first to tell their disciples what to believe - honesty and facts be damned. We all saw Michelle Malkin doing just that. Telling us how to think long before honest facts existed. Extremist doing what extremists do best: lie to promote a political agenda.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #93
DanaC

Something I hadn't even considered: watching the news tonight, and the procession with many of the leading politicians. The reporter pointed out that the governing Labour Party has just lost a massive swathe of its next generation of leaders. 76 dead at the camp. Most of them the teenagers attending the Labour Party youth camp.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #94
DanaC

Another worrying snippet is that the guy who did it claims membership of a neo-nazi group based on the Knights Templar. He says that the group were set up in Britain, and organized into training cells. He also claims to have had dealings with an anti-immigration organisation in Britain (English Defence League), though they are denying that.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #95
tw

Also blame the Michigan Militia and Ted Kaczynski. Little difference exists between extremists. Extremism works when so many do not even recognize it. Hate is a fundamental characteristic that even justifies murder. Be it Mission Accomplished, 11 September, protecting pedophile clergy, or Kansas City. Nobody even expected the Spanish Inquisition. All examples of extremism.

Last edited by tw; 07-25-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #96
DanaC

I've been sitting here, puzzling at that remark for a few minutes. Then I googled. I assume you mean 'fema' nazis?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #97
tw

Quote:
Then I googled. I assume you mean 'fema' nazis?
Sorry. I was busy trying to refine that post. Eliminated the expression. However go ask Urbane Guerilla for the exact spelling. And for the spelling for IslamoNazis. Both examples of creating mythical evil for a political agenda.

Last edited by tw; 07-25-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #98
DanaC

I wasn't trying to be a spelling nazi ;p I was genuinely puzzled at what the extreme feminists had to do with all this :p
Old 07-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #99
tw

Quote:
I was genuinely puzzled at what the extreme feminists had to do with all this
Feminist are not extremist. Extremists invented the evil to empower their own political agenda. Create mythical threats to inspire their followers.

Another example of extremism creating mythical evil:
Quote:
Terrorism Awareness Project

During the week of October 22-26, 2007, the nation will be rocked by the biggest conservative campus protest ever – Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week, a wake-up call for Americans on 200 university and college campuses. The purpose of this protest is as simple as it is crucial: to confront the two Big Lies of the political left: that George Bush created the war on terror and that Global Warming is a greater danger to Americans than the terrorist threat. Nothing could be more politically incorrect than to point this out. But nothing could be more important for American students to hear. In the face of the greatest danger Americans have ever confronted, the academic left has mobilized to create sympathy for the enemy and to fight anyone who rallies Americans to defend themselves.
The threat is those who create these mythical evil (ie Femi Nazis) for a political agenda. Remember the 'axis of evil'? Only extremists would have created this.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #100
DanaC

Ahhh. Ok. I understand now. I thought you were talking about the Fema camps thing.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #101
tw

Quote:
I thought you were talking about the Fema camps thing.
What is a Fema camp?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:03 AM   #102
JuancoRocks
Sir Post-A-Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
What is a Fema camp?
Your tax dollars at Non-Work.......

Old 07-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #103
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Dana: I have no idea what the original context of tw's quote was since it's been edited for clarity, but just so you know, "feminazi" is a term coined by Rush Limbaugh (at least 15 years ago) as a derogatory synonym for "feminist."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #104
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Not to be confused with Fembots!
Attached Images

infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #105
DanaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Dana: I have no idea what the original context of tw's quote was since it's been edited for clarity, but just so you know, "feminazi" is a term coined by Rush Limbaugh (at least 15 years ago) as a derogatory synonym for "feminist."
That was my initial reading of it...but it didn't seem to make sense in context, so I figured maybe 'femonazi' was a different word rather than a mispelling of feminazi, and google gave a couple of different possibles, including 'femanazi'.