The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-18-2004, 06:12 AM   #16
jojomonkeygirl
Vivacious Vivisectionist

I agree that it is totally fucked up. She'll never help herself as long as she has someone willing to do things for her. When I dropped out of high school so I could party all night and sleep all day my mom told me to have a job Monday morning or have my ass on the school bus. I got a job and a GED. When I wanted to move back home she made me sleep in the garage and I had to pee in a coffee can if she had company(so I wouldn't disturb them by going in and out of the house from the garage). Once again I got a job and got the hell out of there. It's called Tough Love and it works. It may take years to realize that it worked but it's worth it. Besides, you have your own life, and life is short. You've done more that most people would do. Feel good about that. You are not the failure, she is.
jojomonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:17 AM   #17
jaguar
whig

It is fucked up but you're doing the right thing, you've done all you can, let her stand or fall on her own, she's more than earnt that. There's too much danger of her dragging you down with her for starters.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:30 PM   #18
Arliquin
Jotter of Notes

You seem to have either your head or heart in the right place, worth more than any advice I could give.
Arliquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:07 PM   #19
blue
Operations Operative

Zippy man where do I start? It's obviously a no win situation for you. I'd do my best for the kids as you can do, seems that isn't real promising either but give your best effort.

That said, guilt is like fucking battery acid. Step away from it...take care of yourself and those close to you first. Get your own shit togethor, you can solve everyone elses problems later.

Call in the pros, call the cops, get the kids in a steady environment.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:46 PM   #20
wolf
lobber of scimitars

You withstood far more than I would have, that's for sure ...

Someone who has a lot of addicitons problems comes to a point where they have to make a decision ... what's more important, their life and their children's lives, or their addiction. In addition to whatever substances she may use, this woman (I think "your sister" is too familiar and pleasant a term) has an addition to stupidity.

I see that a lot.

I think that by backing away you're doing the best thing that you can do right now.

Since you've neither moved nor changed your phone number, expect her to approach you demanding rescuing again.

It's going to be hard not to.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 11:10 PM   #21
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement every body .

Wolf , i have been worried about her and or the boys just showing up one day , I don't really know what i would do . Probobley just keep driveing and call the cops . But i worry most about the resentment shown twords my wife , she is a strong lady and can take care of her self , but DAMN IT thats my job , she shouldn't HAVE to worry .
Old 06-18-2004, 11:45 PM   #22
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

damn dude. i just don't know what to say. stay strong brother!
Old 06-19-2004, 01:10 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Just be ready for the inevitable day when she's blamed everyone else and decides her problems are your fault.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:40 AM   #24
zippyt

Just be ready for the inevitable day when she's blamed everyone else and decides her problems are your fault.

No she blames every thing on my mom ( she died in 96 ) her drug addiction , the mess her life is , etc,,,,, i know you have heard it befor ,
she tries to pull a guilt trip on me saying " but what about your nepheus ????" It has worked in the past , she just wants some time off from them . I worry that one day she won't be home( or in state , or even alive ) when i bring the boys back from a camping trip . Her boys are just like her , all ways trying to find a scam to get over , one way or the other , they can't help it , its the way they were raised .
So this year Uncle Chris is being an asshole . Sorry
Old 06-19-2004, 04:26 AM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
But i worry most about the resentment shown twords my wife , she is a strong lady and can take care of her self , but DAMN IT thats my job , she shouldn't HAVE to worry .
Sure, but she's also a decent person, so she naturally cares, just like you do. She's been through it from the git go with you and knows the whole story, so your worries are her worries. That's what makes the marriage strong.
Nobody can be sure they're doing the right thing all the time, only the best they can. You and Mrs Zip are certainly doing the best you can.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:37 PM   #26
zippyt

Sure, but she's also a decent person, so she naturally cares, One of the MANY reasons i married her !!!

your worries are her worries. That's what makes the marriage strong.

Yeppers , we have Both been thru a lot in the 15 years we have been married .

Bruce , Thanks for these kind words of encourgement , they mean a LOT !!!
Old 06-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #27
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

My stepsister is an alcoholic and a junkie. She set herself on fire 5 years ago...we still don't know why. My parents did all they could to help her out (including helping care for her 6-year old daughter), but in the end, she bit the hand that fed her. My parents finally had enough of it a year ago...her daughter comes over to visit occasionally, but that's it.

It's been really hard on them, particularly my stepdad. He tried to be there for them while they were growing up, but his ex-wife is a fucking nutjob. Now, my stepsisters are 35 and 32, high school dropouts, alcoholics and general failures.

For a short time in 1982, both of them lived with us...they were 13 and 10 at the time. Both decided they didn't like the rules established by my 'rents, and went back to live with their mother within a year.

And how did my brother and I turn out? I'm 28, a college graduate, making as much money at 28 as my stepdad does at 59. My brother is 21 and a licensed EMT.

You did the best you could, Zip...and I think you made the right decision.

Good luck. Stay strong. Be positive.

Last edited by elSicomoro; 06-20-2004 at 12:45 AM.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote