Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Gonna Buy a Motorcycle

Well, after two years of escalating gas prices and hard, hard thinking, I've applied for a loan (which I've been told I will get) for $2,500.00, and I'm going to buy a used motorcycle. There's a few decent looking buys on craigslist here, including this stunningly beautiful classic '76 Honda CB 550 Super Sport. I fear its already, gone though.

I'm also pondering an '81 Yamaha 650 Maxim with 50k miles on it. It looks pretty decent from the pics the guy sent (which I don't have on the laptop). I really like that model as it is a shaft drive, and they are well built and reliable machines from all accounts I've found over the years. I rode a couple back in the day, and they are really comfy, plenty light, well balanced and have more than adequate power for myself and a rider.

There's also a couple of newer (like '98) Suzuki 650 cruisers, big single cylinder bikes that wouldn't be terrible for the money. I'm also looking at a couple of 650 Honda Shadow V-twins that are lower miles and in beautiful conditon...but I *so* prefer the mid-displacement four cylinder bikes.

Anyone have any advice before I make up my mind?

Oh...and here's that Honda 550. So droolingly beautiful, but it has a sport height seat, and I want the cruiser seat with its lower ass to ground height.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/1092981743.html

Tags
motorcycles